Something missing, re-discovered!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vergilius

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
6ish
Well, I'm sure you you've all heard the oft-peddled 'positives of lockdown' guff... For me, there certainly has been one... Coming back to beekeeping! As I sit here with a glass of something cold in hand watching both newly caught swarms bringing in pollen of varied hue, I'm asking myself why I let this go for so many years! No doubt the bees will remind me why soon... ;)

BP

Well, I'm sure you you've all heard the oft-peddled 'positives of lockdown' guff... For me, there certainly has been one... Coming back to beekeeping! As I sit here with a glass of something cold in hand watching both newly caught swarms bringing in pollen of varied hue, I'm asking myself why I let this go for so many years! No doubt the bees will remind me why soon... ;)

BP

Ha ha ..They are sitting there watching you and lulling you into thinking you have things under control whilst they plan their next move to rattle your cage !

BP

Ditto! As long as I have my bees I do not worry about lockdown. Everyone that has come out of it are on to the doctors as they now have sore throats and coughs as they have not seen their grand children for nine weeks and did not keep their social distance after a few drinks.

The lockdowns done the opposite for me, my new mic is at a friends house a few miles away and they’re self isolating as one of the, is vulnerable, so it’s strictly turn up, inspect, head home. My friend freely admits he gets a brew and watches the ladies buzz around every day...sends me loads of photos and video clips...it’s not the same

That is not good to hear! Hoping they get well soon!

This was a reply to Beeno... I hasten to add that, as a 25 year old, aspects of the lockdown have been challenging, but I’m fully on board with the necessity of it, and the bees have been a great distraction!

The lockdowns done the opposite for me, my new mic is at a friends house a few miles away and they’re self isolating as one of the, is vulnerable, so it’s strictly turn up, inspect, head home. My friend freely admits he gets a brew and watches the ladies buzz around every day...sends me loads of photos and video clips...it’s not the same

I am lucky that our new next-door neighbours are very kindly letting me set up an apiary in their field — I formerly kept bees in an out-apiary...

Well done you, as I appreciate that it is difficult to be a sensible 25 year old. At my age it is not that difficult. I am expecting a second wave!

It's certainly been a strange old time. Thankfully I have my beekeeping, sports and PhD to keep me sane... Oh and a shedload of beers from the off-licence!

Latest posts

Back