Solar Panels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
Any UK BAsed Solar Panel installers or Experts on Here.

Purchasing a House that Has panels fitted and is part of FIT scheme & they were installed Pre Neededing Building control / Planning for panels the mortgage company is Struggling to understand this.

looking for a bit of advice - many thanks

You are right. The locals round here use green energy solutions, I used Caplor but they don't cover out this way any more. And there is otter who cover parts of Somerset too. I would Google it, there are loads in this area.

Mine were fitted five years ago and you didn't need planning then, and we still qualified for FIT. fIT can be kept by the previous householder but it usually is part of the sale to the new one

Our solicitor is stumbling with the fact that the panels were installed pre needing planning - the house is known to us as we are buying from family, so don't have issues with any work done but it's slowing down the whole process.

There have always (I believe) been rules for installation avoiding planning permission.

If the panels are FIT qualified, they had to be fitted to the rules by certified installers (or be certified by certified installers) and being agreed with building controls if planning consent was required). One could not get FIT payments without!

There may be insurance risks with string inverters.

Now, if the panels were fitted by one of the companies that fitted the panels for ‘free’ (so still own the system and the roof-space for up to 25 years) the legal problems can be huge, when transferring to a New house owner.

In those circumstances, many choose to simply avoid the hassle - like by keeping away by more than the length of the proverbial barge pole!!
In those cases it could cost the householder thousands, to extract themselves from the ‘fine print’ contracts they signed up for, when accepting the panels in the first place.

Our solicitor is stumbling with the fact that the panels were installed pre needing planning - the house is known to us as we are buying from family, so don't have issues with any work done but it's slowing down the whole process.
I would get a new solicitor.

Any UK BAsed Solar Panel installers or Experts on Here.

Purchasing a House that Has panels fitted and is part of FIT scheme & they were installed Pre Neededing Building control / Planning for panels the mortgage company is Struggling to understand this.

looking for a bit of advice - many thanks
Is the installation owned by the household or is it part of a rent a roof scheme?

I've found that solicitors need more managing than a room full of monkeys. If you are not worried about the panels, and there is no legal reason (ie they were installed before planning was required) that it is a problem, instruct your solicitor to ignore the issue. If they don't comply, rescind your instructions from the firm, and instruct a firm that actually wants your business.

I've found that solicitors need more managing than a room full of monkeys.
But whether, as in the arts council funded experiment with typewriters they will fail to write any Shakespeare and just crap on the keyboard is a moot point

But whether, as in the arts council funded experiment with typewriters they will fail to write any Shakespeare and just crap on the keyboard is a moot point
The thing that you can be almost certain of is that they will not do anything in a timely manner...

Crapping on the keyboard is quite a skill though.

provided not part of rent a roof you could instruct sollicitor to ignore but mortgage company may still have boxes to tick.

Local authority planning are generally helpful and will normally send letter confirming panels were/are permitted development , it might cost you £30 admin fee

Back