Snake Oil salesmen move in on the BBKA convention

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petrol used to be five bob a gallon, that has gone up in price too, most things do.

£4 to £18 in about 3 years and with a gap in availability when Sweet Itchy horse owners were tearing their hair out watching afflicted animals rub themselves raw was quite distressing for the animals and the owners. I knew one owner who became desperate enough to travel to Belgium to buy 25 litres.
Odd how the UK is always the one to blindly obey edicts.

Oh and petrol was two shillings a gallon when i had my first motorbike. :)

Oh and petrol was two shillings a gallon when i had my first motorbike.

I remember those first 50p night time self service pumps, used to carry an empty can to put the extra petrol in, as the almost empty motorbike tank would not take all of it.

Bit more than three years, about ten ... Thymol crystals have more than tripled in price.

Asked the bloke on the Lyson stand if they were manufacturing a press to flatten out rhubarb leaves... who needs snake oil?

Yeghes da

It's amazing how they ban the sale of all the cheap things that work and licence and peddle the expensive things that don't isn't it ?

The problem is that they ban the cheap stuff then re-market it with a different name, at a highly inflated price

Ho Ho...I've come upon a bunch of Old Timey's doing a...I remember when...
Times do move on though. Now we use Neem oil for horses with sweet itch...diatematious Earth for fleas and ticks...and can be used for worming too.
There has been a big movement away from expensive veterinary supplied medicants. We do worm counts instead of just routinely pushing wormers through their systems.

Latest posts

Back