Snake Oil salesmen move in on the BBKA convention

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey. They must squeeze a lot of snakes into that.
I can see they claim it "Protects from pesticides & Simulates hygiene instinct" The rest is hidden. Does it also raise the dead, or just wash whiter than white?

Last edited:
It was a funny bloke. £20 for a small vile of some miracle agent found in hops.
I told him I will buy some when my bees suffer from CCD. He looked very bored.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

It must work.....no CCD for a few years

ApisPlus™ is a revolutionary breakthrough product helping to strengthen self-preservation behavior of bees. It stimulates hygiene instinct and self-cleaning instinct which naturally protect honeybees against pests and diseases. The product affects the growth of bee colonies in a positive way, increasing their productivity. Simultaneously it protects the nervous system of bees from the negative effects of pesticides poisoning, including the most dangerous neonicotinoid pesticides, limiting the main reason of CCD, Colony Collapse Disorder. The effectiveness of ApisPlus™ has been confirmed by laboratory tests and field evaluation. The test results show significant reduction of pesticides poisoning. There was no population loss observed. Also, no loss of behavioral patterns such as spatial orientation or memory. In hives regularly protected by ApisPlus™ there was a significant increase in queen’s egg laying rate resulting in stronger colonies and better winter survival rate.

Last edited:
It must work.....no CCD for a few years

ApisPlus™ is a revolutionary breakthrough product helping to strengthen self-preservation behavior of bees. It stimulates hygiene instinct and self-cleaning instinct which naturally protect honeybees against pests and diseases. The product affects the growth of bee colonies in a positive way, increasing their productivity. Simultaneously it protects the nervous system of bees from the negative effects of pesticides poisoning, including the most dangerous neonicotinoid pesticides, limiting the main reason of CCD, Colony Collapse Disorder. The effectiveness of ApisPlus™ has been confirmed by laboratory tests and field evaluation. The test results show significant reduction of pesticides poisoning. There was no population loss observed. Also, no loss of behavioral patterns such as spatial orientation or memory. In hives regularly protected by ApisPlus™ there was a significant increase in queen’s egg laying rate resulting in stronger colonies and better winter survival rate.

Something else for the men from the ministry to look for in samples of honey?
:nono:

On a more serious note. It seems odd that the BBKA would provide advertising space/credence for a product that may get the VMD knickers in a twist. Perhaps the payment received for the stall is akin to the mess of potage given to Esau?

Last edited:
Were you all wearing your beekeeping forum tee-shirts for your group outing?

Were you all wearing your beekeeping forum tee-shirts for your group outing?

Now there's a thought.....Next year?
I remember 2010... it must have been; at a convention, perhaps the Spring Convention I spotted a balding Scottish bloke, T shirt with Poly Hive on it......I didn't have the courage to say hello :rolleyes:

Sighs. Now well bald.

FFS am I that intimidating?

PH

No no..........It was 2010, I'd not long joined the forum and only kept bees for a short while. I didn't have much of a clue of what I was doing with them. everybody else sounded so knowledgeable

everybody else sounded so knowledgeable
When it comes to bees, I sometimes think we are all equally uneducated.

As for family trees, some of them are telephone poles though we don't see many such here. I'm told Darwin had a very narrow crowned tree though.

emyr made a mixture for my dogs to kill ticks half benzl benzoate and half vinegar dead in 24 hours but no good for bees.

emyr made a mixture for my dogs to kill ticks half benzl benzoate and half vinegar dead in 24 hours but no good for bees.

Ah benzyl benzoate - used to buy that cheaply at the local chemist to treat horses with sweet itch. No longer available - familiar story? Can still get it but at a much higher price or buy from abroad. Sadly our afflicted horse is no more.

Ah benzyl benzoate - used to buy that cheaply at the local chemist to treat horses with sweet itch. No longer available - familiar story? Can still get it but at a much higher price or buy from abroad. Sadly our afflicted horse is no more.

It's amazing how they ban the sale of all the cheap things that work and licence and peddle the expensive things that don't isn't it ?

Latest posts

Back