Smoker problems

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigavonb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We experience problems at times with a smoker when the smoker and the bellows keep coming apart despite our best efforts to tighten the nut. I think I have come up with a method to get over this problem by the use of cable ties to stop movement of the legs.

Any pictures?? By feet, do you mean the brackets that serve to space the bellows from the barrel of the smoker?

About a month ago, the bellows separated from the rest of my smoker as I had been ignoring a broken spot weld for a "wee" while...... two hands were needed for smoker operation. Thankfully, I can go through most of my hives without needing to use any smoke at all. I called home between apiary visits and welded it all back together.

We experience problems at times with a smoker when the smoker and the bellows keep coming apart despite our best efforts to tighten the nut. …

Try a 'Nylok' nut.
Or some Loctite (ask at Halfords).
Don't think beeswax would work …

JB Weld is ideal and safe to c 300C..http://tinyurl.com/mxxhx29

My smoker hinges came apart as the welds failed. JB Weld is doing the job and has since April...

Latest posts

Back