Skeps - hand made in the UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ain't read Terry Pratchett on the matter of Morris men... obviously.

And that from a Scot.

LOL

PH

I used to do morris dancing. We used to take it in turns to sweep up the bits of shattered stick afterwards- I like to think TP would have approved.

I see the ones from Vectis are 30 x 30cm - does that sound big enough, swarm catchers out there?

You can see a skep being made at the Stoneleigh, or get one.

John :D

Mine fits the Bee Bole on the Farm just around the corner from me here in the hottest & coolest part of Cornwall......................

Building up a derelict dry stone south facing wall in my garden soon.... it will have a bee bole, but if I carry out some active bee archeology or not remains to bee seen...
need some advice on that!!!

The fantastik / plastik beeks possibly think I am already.... by using WBC's hives

There's one going on ebay from vectis link

Yes they look ok

Some time ago I spotted them and asked them if produced in the UK and sadly no.

It’s a shame but if people can manage that bit extra it is better I think to buy from UK it’s a dying craft and needs support.

Vectis is still trading and I am very pleased with a recent purchase following the info and link in this thread. Good value and good quality.
Tricia

Yes they look ok

Some time ago I spotted them and asked them if produced in the UK and sadly no.

It’s a shame but if people can manage that bit extra it is better I think to buy from UK it’s a dying craft and needs support.

:iagree:

Back