simon the beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenovice

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Aim for 4 but tend to end with 15
Good service needs to be mentioned too. Bought 2 honey gates a couple of weeks back from the above internet shop. Harvested this weekend and both leaked. a simple email to the seller and got an instant refund without further questions asked. Well that is what I call a great service!

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Good service needs to be mentioned too. Bought 2 honey gates a couple of weeks back from the above internet shop. Harvested this weekend and both leaked. a simple email to the seller and got an instant refund without further questions asked. Well that is what I call a great service!

Good service for giving you your money back for a faulty product? Apart from being the law within trading standards, it is good that he did not argue unless he knew they did not work, in which arguing would be self defeatist.

Good products would be better. I also bought honeygates that also leaked.
Being old school British, I did not complain and they are sat in the back of the garage.

Yes, you could say it is my own fault for not complaining, but a product is a statement from a company and a company that sells poor products is no longer used.... not by me anyway

I had a veil that the rim was rusty after a couple of washes, he sent me a new one straight away. He's a good bloke.

Good service for giving you your money back for a faulty product? Apart from being the law within trading standards, it is good that he did not argue unless he knew they did not work, in which arguing would be self defeatist.

Good products would be better. I also bought honeygates that also leaked.
Being old school British, I did not complain and they are sat in the back of the garage.

Yes, you could say it is my own fault for not complaining, but a product is a statement from a company and a company that sells poor products is no longer used.... not by me anyway

Lighten up pete. resellers do what they do: resell and can only know about faults from feedback. bad lots happen, and if a simple email solves the problem, that is good service. I had faulty goods from ALL supermarkets on the highstreet. If I would follow your philosophy, I would be a very hungry person... If you don't say anything, how will they ever know they are selling faulty products?

Not many retailers I wouldn't recommend as most are very good. I've had a few things from Simon and had good service too.
S

His free postage is a winner for me. Some of the postage costs from the big suppliers puts me off from the start.
Bought a lot off Simon and no problems with products and service always top notch

His free postage is a winner for me. Some of the postage costs from the big suppliers puts me off from the start.
Bought a lot off Simon and no problems with products and service always top notch

I agree he's good to deal with. stuff always arrives on time and he has good bulk deals as well

Never had a problem with him and bought loads from him since he first started selling, the free postage is a no brainer with no minimum order size and very quick delivery... I've also bought honey gates from him last year and no problems at all so must be a bad batch but how can he be expected to know unless told about it and he rectified without any problems so what's not to like

I have a lot of time for Simon. Order a few bits and bobs from him through the year and really happy. Delivery is free and really fast too. Also really good customer service. Talking of the OP, I bought a honey gate from him last year as one of my valves was leaky and it worked really well. Sometimes you just get some duffs.

I buy bits and pieces from him regularly, he is helpful and communicative - I had a hive clip that was faulty manufacture (just one in a batch I bought) - dropped him a line and a replacement arrived the next day. Ace service.

Ordered 6 settling tanks last night at around 9.00 pm, got message at 8.00pm this morning, despatched. Great service!
I have ordered stuff before and spoke with Simon, very helpful, top bloke.

Ordered 6 settling tanks last night at around 9.00 pm, got message at 8.00pm this morning, despatched. Great service!
I have ordered stuff before and spoke with Simon, very helpful, top bloke.

and according to the email I got, he is on holidays too :).

Holidays! middle of summer!!
Ah yes I remember them well. (pre beekeeping of course)

I have always found Simon very helpful. I had a problem with a leaking honey gate, but this was solved with food grade silicon mastic around the gate/container join. Also found that I had a series of splits in my veil.....my fault I put them in the washing machine! I now wash by hand. Great service and remember that generally you get what you pay for quality wise.

never spoken to him, I always get Sandy (I think that's her name). Still really good service and they'll post to France although not for free which is understandable

I always purchase from him, I just wish he would sell more lines!
I've bought many items, jackets, buckets etc

Excellent Customer Service, Free postage for everything, larger companies charging £8 is a rip off, and about time they got with the program.

Never had issues with returns, on faulty equipment.

Zips on my beesuite bought from him broke within a week thou never contacted him because just tapped the angles up now.

Latest posts

Back