Sheet metal folder

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia9801

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
For those that make your own hives/rooves, have anyone used a sheet metal folder for bending the litho plate or thin aluminium sheets?

For those that make your own hives/rooves, have anyone used a sheet metal folder for bending the litho plate or thin aluminium sheets?
Not a folder as such, but I have used a piece of heavy angle iron and a rubber mallet to bend thin aluminium for lid/covers and have also used the same method to bend one large sheet of steel to make a joint free vat (with lid). Could that work for you perhaps?

Last edited:
Not a folder as such, but I have used a piece of heavy angle iron and a rubber mallet to bend thin aluminium for lid/covers and have also used the same method to bend one large sheet of steel to make a joint free vat (with lid). Could that work for you perhaps?
It's my normal method of forming the thin lid to the ply , but in being a "toolaholic" was wondering if someone who has a sheet metal folder, has used it for this task.

It's my normal method of forming the thin lid to the ply , but in being a "toolaholic" was wondering if someone who has a sheet metal folder, has used it for this task.
did it years ago when I had access to my friend's technology classroom, If I recall, doing the two opposite sides was easy, but doing the last two were a bit of a faff and SWMBO's cousin made loads of galv hive roofs for me years ago (but he had access to a whole sheet metal factory!

Latest posts

Back