Seasons Greetings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swarm

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
I found my watercolours and brushes the other day so I decided to have a play about.
I also recently recovered all my old pictures and among the bee stuff were some pics of one of my apiaries at Christmas in 2010. The snow we had that year was incredible and I felt inspired.
So here's a nice winter scene, Merry Christmas everyone.

Attachments

• wc01.jpg
    wc01.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 85
Very good - had to check it wasn't a photo.

Happy Christmas to you .

Fabulous painting Steve. It would be fun to get another snowfall this year at Christmas in the UK. Not long now till the days lengthen there again!

I found my watercolours and brushes the other day so I decided to have a play about.
I also recently recovered all my old pictures and among the bee stuff were some pics of one of my apiaries at Christmas in 2010. The snow we had that year was incredible and I felt inspired.
So here's a nice winter scene, Merry Christmas everyone.

Give up beekeeping - take up Christmas card design.

The talents we find on here sometimes are staggering. Were you taught or is it just natural ability ?.... speaking as someone who can only draw straight lines with a ruler I am in total awe.

Fabulous painting Steve. It would be fun to get another snowfall this year at Christmas in the UK. Not long now till the days lengthen there again!

We have...needed 4wd to get out of our village this morning.

Give up beekeeping - take up Christmas card design.

The talents we find on here sometimes are staggering. Were you taught or is it just natural ability ?.... speaking as someone who can only draw straight lines with a ruler I am in total awe.

Bit of a long story, Phil. To cut it short, I dreamed of becoming an illustrator and was on my way for an interview at uni, when I was broad sided and driven off the road by a van. By the time the dust settled from that lot, the places were gone ... and it's not worth dwelling on the rest. My old Art master would be devastated but there you go, you can't change time.
Best part is the 'kids' are happy I'm drawing and painting again, they've nagged me for years.
Here's another, not so cold this time.

Attachments

• wc02.jpg
    wc02.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 53
Very nice why not try some associations for some group orders.....

Bit of a long story, Phil. To cut it short, I dreamed of becoming an illustrator and was on my way for an interview at uni, when I was broad sided and driven off the road by a van. By the time the dust settled from that lot, the places were gone ... and it's not worth dwelling on the rest. My old Art master would be devastated but there you go, you can't change time.
Best part is the 'kids' are happy I'm drawing and painting again, they've nagged me for years.

So...... If perchance I had written a childs poem, would you fancy illustrating it?
E

Amazing...

I have a wife who did art main at college and a daughter who did art alongside modern languages, both of them had some talent and sadly neither of them pick up a brush or a pencil (although we have cupboards full of kit !). If you have the eye and the hand for it then you should exercise it.

I have an eye for design and form but I lack the ability to draw .. put me on a woodturning lathe and I'm an artist in wood ... funny isn't it ? Something to do with the ability of your brain to connect your hand to your eye .. I was at the end of the queue when that particular gift was handed out.

That’s absolutely lovely Steve
It would make a beautiful label.

Wife's present, finished just in time for Christmas.
We have a group of thirteen of these gorgeous little birds that forage through the trees and our garden every autumn/winter.
Prettiest bird in the World :)

Attachments

• Long tailed tits.jpg
    Long tailed tits.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 39
Wife's present, finished just in time for Christmas.
We have a group of thirteen of these gorgeous little birds that forage through the trees and our garden every autumn/winter.
Prettiest bird in the World :)

That’s lovely.
This time of year the flocks you see tripping from tree to tree in the summer chasing insects appear on our fat feeders too. Absolutely gorgeous little pink fluff balls. We have had 14 at once on occasion. Today only 5.

Spring/summer, we often see them when we walk the dogs, loads of little chicks this year. They follow the tree line along a stream that runs past the bottom of the garden, being home so long I've noticed they come through and then back, three times a day and staying in contact all the time. Very difficult to count them so I wait until one moves on and count as the others follow :)
Never ceases to amaze me how these tiny creatures cope with conditions.

Solstice message

Seasonal greetings to all

picture.php

Latest posts

Back