Savers - Price of sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosmoking

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
1 Arrived 30/04/2013
Just thought I would let you know that Savers (http://www.savers.co.uk/) are selling 1kg bags of sugar for 79p <<<<<<<<<< yes, 79p. (Sainsburys = £1.02!) Hopefully you will have one near to you. Anyway, I'm off to Spain for 10 days, adios.

i suppose the 1p saving versus The Great Satan (either 1kg or 2kg packs) might make it worthwhile if buying a huge amount and have a Savers nearby (with close free parking) but for most people it's still a case of swallowing their pride and ditching morals for a few minutes whilst they visit the convenient red white and blue megastore.

or get yet another family member to sign up for ocado.

personally i just use the current £6 off a £60 shop vouchers and make up the price with booze!

Just thought I would let you know that Savers (http://www.savers.co.uk/) are selling 1kg bags of sugar for 79p <<<<<<<<<< yes, 79p. (Sainsburys = £1.02!)
Waitrose still 1.43 for a 2Kg bag of T&L cane sugar. There are cheaper deals if you use initial discounts for various accounts but as an off the shelf price for a few bags it's hard to beat.

JBM mater happy to act as a receiver of illicitly ordered beek "essentials" apparently. postie in on the scam too. saves keeping stuff in the car boot or loft we hear.

"Bookers still works out the cheepest @74p silverspoon 1kg bags"

How, if Waitrose are £1.43 for 2kg?????

anyone know the latest price at Fine Fare???

Hi Sorry yes Waitrose is the chepest but what I don't understand you think that a 25kg catering bag of sugar would work out cheeper ? so what quantity do you have to buy to get it cheeper if we can get it ?

No, no, no... LIDL in Civray are cheapest at 0.59p a kilo and they have stacks of it....

Chris

No, no, no... LIDL in Civray are cheapest at 0.59p a kilo and they have stacks of it
Great idea. Um, now how much would I need to get to pay for the trip to Civray if I can walk to a large Waitrose? :)

Well now, if you were to bring a transit full of good English tea bags, Cheddar cheese and baked beans and take back sugar and wine to the UK?

Could pay for a nice break.

Chris

Back