Sauna anyone?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drstitson

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Great magazine article on BBC website yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24328773

apparently taken very seriously - no mixed saunas, no sex or drinking, and no discussing syrup ratios or harvests of <100lb per hive. Those who break the rules (or only reach 12 brood boxes tall hives at midsummer) DON'T get thrashed with birch twigs!

Hmmm broiling yourself for a couple of hours in a smoke or steam filled shed stark b*ll*ck naked with your neighbour thrashing you with a piece of shrubbery.
Looks like something only conservative MP's would get up to when they're fed up of wearing nazi uniforms and buggering each other :eek:

Hmmm broiling yourself for a couple of hours in a smoke or steam filled shed stark b*ll*ck naked with your neighbour thrashing you with a piece of shrubbery.
Looks like something only conservative MP's would get up to when they're fed up of wearing nazi uniforms and buggering each other :eek:

:spy:Sounds like the environment a stoker on a Clyde Puffer would be at home with:icon_204-2:

Obviously this is where forum members have been going wrong ... we should all book up for a Sauna and clear our minds and bodies of the stress of beekeeping ... no doubt our resident expert on all things Finnish will agree ?

In the wild hippy lands of west wales they call them sweat lodges, and they are usually full of very hairy naked hippies, enter if you dare ! ( I'm sure JBM will disagree, he wont believe hippies wash occasionally!)

In the wild hippy lands of west wales they call them sweat lodges, and they are usually full of very hairy naked hippies, enter if you dare ! ( I'm sure JBM will disagree, he wont believe hippies wash occasionally!)

By the looks of your avatar, Dewi Bach .. you could do with a tub and a bar of Sunlight... as my Gran would have said.... euchavee
Diolch

oh good lord a forum sauna:hairpull:

That's an idea - jam the electrict kettle switch in the 'on position, have it merrily bubling away next to the PC and sit there naked surfing the forun (not!)

In the wild hippy lands of west wales they call them sweat lodges, and they are usually full of very hairy naked hippies,

And that's just the women -
most of the hippies I've seen (and smelt), the nearest they get to a sauna is probably sitting in a sealed room around a steaming dog turd

Last edited:
( I'm sure JBM will disagree, he wont believe hippies wash occasionally!)

Two hippes lounging around in the sun doing nothing awaiting their next giro cheque (as is their wont) - one says to the other 'hey man, ever thougth of taking a bath?' 'tother said 'I had the urge once, but it's too late now, my flies have rusted solid'

Two hippes lounging around in the sun doing nothing awaiting their next giro cheque (as is their wont) - one says to the other 'hey man, ever thougth of taking a bath?' 'tother said 'I had the urge once, but it's too late now, my flies have rusted solid'

After carefully considering this poor mans tale of woe, I've decided that this isnt really a true story after all. It brings into question many practical considerations the poor dude would struggle with.:eek:

In modern Finnish society sauna has high social meeting place position.

It has been a practical place to wash, handle loundry during winter frost, and make many things like handle meat for preserving.

You could think that if you have frost 5 months, it is difficult to handle water under sky.

Now between best friends guys keep " sauna evenings". They go to sauna and after that they eate some special supper and take beer.

It is a good s´reason to say: "Hey, come on to me. Lets go to sauna". You do not need another reason to meet.

It means that I want to meet you and I want to chat with you.

Russia has sauna at same meaning and in Russia sauna is said сауна or banya

Russian banya, a bath room and massage

MTS2_Jeka_714358_RussianBanya.jpg

Last edited:

:biggrinjester:

Hmmm broiling yourself for a couple of hours in a smoke or steam filled shed stark :

Jep. You would be dead quite quickly. In smoke filled very soon.

in the year 2010 there was annual sauna sitting world competition. A Russian competitor died and a Finnish competitor burned 70% out of his skin.
A finnish competitor was in choma long time.

Then it was decided that record sauna sittings will be not kept again.

Timo Kaukonen a year after sauna competition where he burned 70% out of his skin.

Timo_Kaukonen_kesa_2011

Last edited:
Tried it once but I found it too painful and not invigorating and some twit in the corner kept putting more water on some hot pebbles that raised the temperature to unbearable, came out after 10 minutes feeling quite stressed and red.

Sorry not for me but whatever floats your boat go for it

Tried it once but I found it too painful and not invigorating and some twit in the corner kept putting more water on some hot pebbles that raised the temperature to unbearable, came out after 10 minutes feeling quite stressed and red.

Yes, that is terrorism. It is not purpose at all.

I have sauna in my summer cottage and the best temp in there is 70C.
Then you have hot stones from where you get hot steam as much as it feels good.

I thought it was Sauna not Fora we were talking about ?

I've decided that this isnt really a true story after all. It brings into question many practical considerations the poor dude would struggle with.:eek:

the state and reek with some of these types you'd know that not removing trousers before toilet was just par for the course. With their diet of tofu lentils and asorted other pulses you'd realise that denim would be as much of a barrier as a coarse honey filter is to water!!

Latest posts

Back