Rwc 2015

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbc

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Good time to start a thread on this for all the rugby football fans on the forum.
Good luck to all the home nations:winner1st:
except engerland!

Last edited:
Nandolo looks like a beast on the wing for Fiji, I hope the game has more to it than the punditry, been a bit dull so far, Wilkinson is boring, sir Clive has a disturbing area between his lip and nose and Lawrence is leaning like the other two have cut a nasty fart.
I can't help but begrudgingly like Inverdale despite his obvious burkery.

I must say that the opening ceremony had all the excitement of a proctologist's waiting room.
Only watched snippets of the match as we are at Bluestone with SWMBO's grandmother and even though SWMBO is a big rugby follower interest was lost by the time the ceremony was gasping it's death rattle and the channel was switched!!
On the face of it, it looked like England were lucky of a win

On the face of it, it looked like England were lucky of a win

Fiji ranked 9th was always going to be a tough opener for the host team.

Will be interesting to see how easy Wales and Australia find it to beat them by the same margin.

Enjoy the tournament, let Rugby be the winner.

Huge result for engerland, so lucky to have the officials in their pocket. First, third and fourth tries should have been disallowed.
1. Truck and trailer
3.completed tackle but played on and forward pass
4. Clear nock on in the build up and dodgy grounding

There's doubt over the legality of the second too with the player leaving the 15 m in the line out before the line out was over.

If both teams play at that level against Wales and we play to even half our potential we should comfortably beat them.

Cherry and whites for me from now on. Banzai! Go japan!amazing

That was a fantastic game . I didnt expect that . The rest of the group must be a bit worried .

I agree, and that combined with the non-stop verbal diarrhoea of the various commentators during England's poor game made the event.... well very runny indeed. With the advent of modern communications I personally think that most people would rather enjoy the sounds of the game & sensation of being there, together with refs' comments and guidance to the players rather than the endless extortions of the pundits.

Sometimes wonder what the commentators are watching, an obvious head into Liam Williams' thigh (thanks for the Hospital pass, Cory) and Eddie Butler keeps going on about possible damage to his injured foot.
Wasn't impressed with the Welsh performance, far too slow and boring. Priestland proved why he's second fiddle and I'm sure we have better outside halfs to choose from.
Endless phases of donkeys smashing into donkeys and catch and drive lineouts is not what I expect to see from a Welsh side and tbh we just ain't hard enough. Where is the skill and flare?
By comparison, Japan have shown the World how to play rugby IMO. Channel one ball !!! What's all that about? A hooker, hooking! What a revelation! Fast, direct running backs with handling skills and a pack of never-say-die, determined forwards, it was a pleasure to watch.
I wish I had your confidence, mbc but England v Wales at Twickers is not a match I'm looking forward to because I have a horrible feeling we gonna be stuffed. I'll probably watch it just before bed so it doesn't ruin my day.
I do hope I'm wrong.

Sometimes wonder what the commentators are watching, an obvious head into Liam Williams' thigh (thanks for the Hospital pass, Cory) and Eddie Butler keeps going on about possible damage to his injured foot.
Wasn't impressed with the Welsh performance, far too slow and boring. Priestland proved why he's second fiddle and I'm sure we have better outside halfs to choose from.
Endless phases of donkeys smashing into donkeys and catch and drive lineouts is not what I expect to see from a Welsh side and tbh we just ain't hard enough. Where is the skill and flare?
By comparison, Japan have shown the World how to play rugby IMO. Channel one ball !!! What's all that about? A hooker, hooking! What a revelation! Fast, direct running backs with handling skills and a pack of never-say-die, determined forwards, it was a pleasure to watch.
I wish I had your confidence, mbc but England v Wales at Twickers is not a match I'm looking forward to because I have a horrible feeling we gonna be stuffed. I'll probably watch it just before bed so it doesn't ruin my day.
I do hope I'm wrong.

Not much I can argue with there, I am a bit of a Priestland fan mind, but like a few others, especially Cuthbert who's playing woefully at the moment, seems to be lacking confidence. With so many front line players crocked it doesn't seem likely the squad will have much confidence before the England match either, like you, I hope I'm wrong.
Oh, and the positivity of the Japanese is pure mental and joyful to watch.

Was in Cardiff yesterday for the match. Enjoyable day but too many fumbles and turnovers for my liking that will cost us dear against better opposition to come. That is if we still have 15 fit player by then; I am half expecting a call from Gatland to turn up with my boot.

Last edited:
That's a real shame for the genuine fans who love the game and happen to be English.

Not sure why it's a shame, a healthy rivalry only adds spice imho, this week's building up to an epic Saturday, I hope the game matches up to the hype.

I think he's quite eloquent saying certain players epitomised the arrogance of empire.

When history gets dragged into these verbals it really does my head in. I'd wager there were a few injustices in most if not all 'empires', it tends to be the case when one country is conquered by another.
The usual silly comments IMO, the Welsh really should rise above this sort of tripe and brush the chip off the shoulder and get over the fact that we are just a Principality. Just a bunch of squabbling, petty Princes who invited the English (Saxon and Norman) into this place in order to settle disputes, stab someone in the back, give justification to claims and whatever else. Is it any wonder they got fed up with the constant hassle and decided to slap us into shape instead?
Gareth Thomas sounds more like a petulant child. If he hated Dellaglio's swagger he should have done something about it on the pitch, (good luck with that one Gareth) but I or WE as a Nation (though we really aren't one) had to endure the humility of far too many hidings versus 'the old enemy' to come to any other conclusion than our team was absolute sh!te.
I'd rather someone like Gerald Davies or Gareth Edwards, in fact any of those players from the 70's represent us than that clown.

@ Erichalfbee
:D

When history gets dragged into these verbals it really does my head in. I'd wager there were a few injustices in most if not all 'empires', it tends to be the case when one country is conquered by another.
The usual silly comments IMO, the Welsh really should rise above this sort of tripe and brush the chip off the shoulder and get over the fact that we are just a Principality. Just a bunch of squabbling, petty Princes who invited the English (Saxon and Norman) into this place in order to settle disputes, stab someone in the back, give justification to claims and whatever else. Is it any wonder they got fed up with the constant hassle and decided to slap us into shape instead?
Gareth Thomas sounds more like a petulant child. If he hated Dellaglio's swagger he should have done something about it on the pitch, (good luck with that one Gareth) but I or WE as a Nation (though we really aren't one) had to endure the humility of far too many hidings versus 'the old enemy' to come to any other conclusion than our team was absolute sh!te.
I'd rather someone like Gerald Davies or Gareth Edwards, in fact any of those players from the 70's represent us than that clown.

@ Erichalfbee
:D
Did you read it?
A petulant child wouldn't put his heart, soul and body on the line to try and make his county men bounce a bit for the next week or so. Wales' all time second highest try scorer behind Shane and also got caps for the British and Irish lions.
You are welcome to your opinions regarding history, and I appreciate your sticking up for e1/2b, but imho you're coming across as a silly goose with little self awareness regarding arrogance and "slapping neighbours into shape" being acceptable when the reality was probably utter misery for most cymru as we were despoiled by our aggressive behemoth of a neighbour for centuries. I suppose the modern term would be "colatteral damage", nice!

Back