replacement ratchet straps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
when shopping on fleabay last night. i own three ratchet straps, the ratchet ends are in good nik the straps on the other hand are getting a bit shabby.

what cracked me up was a new 50mm wide 8m long 2 or 5 ton strap set complete were going for a tenna each inc free delivery ish. where as there is only one person sell just the straps and he wanted £9 each inc delivery.

does anyone know of a reasonable cheap supplier of replacement straps about 8m long 50mm wide with a hook end buckle

or am i going to end up owning lots of ratchets and no straps??

when shopping on fleabay last night. i own three ratchet straps, the ratchet ends are in good nik the straps on the other hand are getting a bit shabby.

what cracked me up was a new 50mm wide 8m long 2 or 5 ton strap set complete were going for a tenna each inc free delivery ish. where as there is only one person sell just the straps and he wanted £9 each inc delivery.

does anyone know of a reasonable cheap supplier of replacement straps about 8m long 50mm wide with a hook end buckle

or am i going to end up owning lots of ratchets and no straps??

Have you tried Yacht chandlers or awning/canvas manufacturers - the sort of braided tape is used quite extensively in the marine industry - you may find it available by the metre ?

Alternatively, I bought these from B&Q for another job - not the greatest buckles in the world but cheap ...

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/safety-s...-3111EURDAT-Grey-L-2-5m-9284335?skuId=9294035

Try Handystraps on Ebay, seem to do most things and good quality stuff

Pete, if you are down my way can give you a couple... Both new.. I cannot get them to work...must be a man gadget...Just lying in a drawer.. (the straps - not me)

I just buy 99p ones from the 99p shop, they have lasted 3 years. so cant see the point in investing more on each one.

I just buy 99p ones from the 99p shop, they have lasted 3 years. so cant see the point in investing more on each one.

:iagree: They're okay for holding hives together, and easier to use than trying to tie knots in bits of rope.

So I've been wasting money on pound shop straps?

yes a very good point and i have several of them holding the wbc hives together.

but they ant any good for strapping down a ton of pallets on the trailer whilst i do 60 mph up the M5.
as for ropes i can easily strap anything down with ropes and proberly better than most people can do with ratchet straps.

what i really need is a strap 8m by 50mm and can do a couple of tons pressure

bought 20 there just before xmas got told off by the wife about it.

Latest posts

Back