Raw wax

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Mason

New Bee
Reaction score
I have been asked to supply some unrefined wax to a hobbist candle maker, but have no idea what the going rate is. Can anyone suggest a figure or two

£25-£30.00 a kilo for clean, filtered wax
Interesting! It's on the upper limit of that here in Jamaica. which leads me to ask, is there a standard or going range of prices for pure honey in the UK? I will search the previous posts, so if there was a recent discussion, please be nice and just guide me there

Interesting! It's on the upper limit of that here in Jamaica. which leads me to ask, is there a standard or going range of prices for pure honey in the UK? I will search the previous posts, so if there was a recent discussion, please be nice and just guide me there
OK! Feel free to ignore my question about honey prices. I searched the forum and was enlightened. Thanks!

OK! Feel free to ignore my question about honey prices. I searched the forum and was enlightened. Thanks!
We only ignored you because we were all in bed. 4am in the morning here! Time difference. Sorry. Glad you found it though

What is the going rate for real Jamaican honey, LG? At farmers' markets and shops?
Apologies for the LATE response! I've been busy as a beekeeper (yeah!) and haven't been on in a while. Farmers prices range from a low of UK12.90 per lb to UK16.53. The average is about UK15.50. Retail prices? The sky is the limit... and some supermarkets (and speciality outlets) do try to reach the sky!

Back