rapid cooling system for honey creamer?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grif

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I use an ABELO creaming machine that has an incorporated heating element. After the heating, the desired rapid cooling of the honey is no problem at this time of year, but in the warmer months it can take many days (even when strapping ice blocks to the outside). Has anybody come up with a good method of rapid cooling honey that's either inside a creaming machine or settling tank?

Yes, put your tank in a walk in freezer, you can buy a second hand walk in freezer at a reasonable price.

If you mean crystallization temp, it happens most fast in 15 -17C.
My friend has done like Hivemakers says. The freezing chest and electric timer. It gives electric to the cheast that best crystallization temp has been achieved.

Drop the contents into honey buckets and put them in the freezer for a few hours. Smaller buckets loose heat and so cool faster, jars even faster.

As per Bumble remove and cool after melting. I have one of them Abelo creamers and damn well insulated it is to....then add back....even then friction seems to keep the temp over 20C. It does however set with the smoothest set I've ever experienced. Beautiful bit of kit.

Well you either have honey money to spend or you haven't....
Me, I buy fancy equipment with mine, the more expensive the better.
What do you spend your honey money on Finman?

Well you either have honey money to spend or you haven't....
Me, I buy fancy equipment with mine, the more expensive the better.
What do you spend your honey money on Finman?

To the car

I have made soft honey in 200 litre barrel 50 years and mixing manually.

Last edited:
problem solved - i JUST BOUGHT A CHEST FREEZER - NOT BIG ENOUGH TO WALK IN, BUT BIG ENOUGH FOR at least 3 BUCKETS OF HONEY.

Back