Q about Beebase colony records

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wessexmario

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have added an account on beebase, and will be logging my major events such as treatments.

There are a couple of boxes to enter the number of brood boxes and supers,
Do they mean...

brood / super by the physical size of the box?

or

super = above a QX, and
brood = below a QX?

Do they mean...

brood / super by the physical size of the box?

or

super = above a QX, and
brood = below a QX?

The second - a box is just a box albeit different sizes. It becomes a brood box when it holds brood and a super when placed above a brood box.

The second - a box is just a box albeit different sizes. It becomes a brood box when it holds brood and a super when placed above a brood box.

:iagree:

I don't keep records on Beebase any more either, bcause it took much too long. I keep a file at home.

I do make sure apiary sites and number of hives are properly recorded on Beebase though, so the inspectorate knows what to expect if they choose (or need) to visit.

thanks JBM, I thought that was more likely.

I'm not intending to log every inspection or detail online, just the things that might be relevant for a bee inspector / disease control perspective.

:iagree:

I don't keep records on Beebase any more either, bcause it took much too long. I keep a file at home.

I do make sure apiary sites and number of hives are properly recorded on Beebase though, so the inspectorate knows what to expect if they choose (or need) to visit.

and they send you emails that they want to look at your bees just because there was a problem dozens of miles away......They dont tell you where tho.

and they send you emails that they want to look at your bees just because there was a problem dozens of miles away......They dont tell you where tho.

but if they're not telling you where, how do you know it's "dozens of miles away"? :confused:
It could have been another inspection next door the previous day that gave them cause for concern, or a colony that has just been moved to/from your locality and "dozens of miles away".

I do think they ought to be as well informed as possible to help monitor and prevent the spread of disease.

Back