Pseudo scorpion Vs Varroa destructor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the best, what varroa did, was that it killed all black colonies. IT is much more easier to nurse varroa that black bee.

Surprised to read such a load of unscientific bullcrap frpm a guy with a Biology graduate background ... everyone and his uncle knows that the black bee shows a natural resistance to varroa!
I suggest that the Finnish black bees dwindled as the beekeepers got sold the super productive Mediterranean type bees... well suited to finbos ... not frozen tundra!

Yeghes da

Uncle know yes. Every.

That is why every continent has given up from black bee. IT is mite resistant, but nurser resistant too.

Last edited:
Uncle know yes. Every.

That is why every continent has given up from black bee. IT is mite resistant, but nurser resistant too.

To quote a one time Lady Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.....

.... Where's PROOF

There is none... more bullcrap!

not worthynot worthynot worthy

Yeghes da

Last edited:
But ... I think there is as much luck as skill involved - there's so much that we don't know about the bee/mite relationship. Finnman is at one end of the spectrum and there are some of us at the other (and quite a few, these days that are in the treatment when needed camp) but there are good indications that some colonies can survive without treatment - and there's quite a few colonies that don't survive with treatment as well.

Metarhizium anisopliae is used within organic insecticides that targets weevils and mites, but is reportedly less harmful to bees.

if a local farmer or grower, or even a sports field use m. anisopliae within one of its sprays, it could (theoretically!) skew results from other methods, or even reduce\remove the need of treatment at all.

IMHO research in local areas is relatively pointless unless the same research is coincided with similar trials in different areas\topology at the same time.

When black bee hive is sick and has mites, it resists nursing.

You forget we have a National Health Service here in the UK and more black native honeybees here in Cornwall... probably more than all the bees in Finland!

And lots of very experienced beekeepers to care for their every ( but very few) needs!!

Nos da

And lots of very experienced beekeepers to care for their every ( but very few) needs!!

Nos da

Yeas I know. They try to feed bees even if bees try to bee in Winter cluster. With stetoscope they knock hives: Weaky weaky, are you alive!!
How I mix water and Sugar. Is it expencive enough that bees like it.

Lots experience. Lots.

Oxalic acid gasifying as many times as want. Thymol to every pain.

Bees try to resist but them use best smoker, pine cones in it and fresh lawn. A thick smoke.
Ready manuscript to movie: Vanishing bees of Britain

Last edited:
Evolution takes about a million years for change to take a permanent hold.

http://m.phys.org/news/2011-08-fast-evolutionary-million-years.html

So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for either the mite or the bee to fix this.

Remember the varroa mite didn't get here naturally, it is introduced through globalisation.

Treat or don't, you can always buy new bees from someone who manages the problem better than you...

It is better for the bees and your wallet to manage this pest.

Remember the varroa mite didn't get here naturally, it is introduced through globalisation. .

I think that globalisation was not known on that time.

IT came through communistic Soviet Union, passed through the Iron Curtain, and contaminated Capitalistic World. Secret weapon. Biological weapon.

Can you send me some of your vodka finny? It is clearly the good stuff!
;)

Globalisation was first used 1961. Varroa was already on its way from Siberia towards Europe.

Perhaps some of those Stalin's griminals was returning home district and he had some Russian bee hives with him.

I bet that the reason was Stalin. Perhaps it was Strutchov, who let free those Stalin's victims in Siberia.

Nothing to do with evolution. I would say Siberian Railway, plus some Lada.

Last edited:
I treated my hives against varroa first time 1987. I got Perizin from Hamburg via relatives. Before that there was no medication against mite, even if it had been quite near me over 10 years.

It was 30 years ago.

My experince is about mite, that it has become more and more difficult to treat. As you see in UK, no strips help any more. You need more and more complex procedures to get good results. At same time some insist that they never treat and during 20 years they have not lost a single hive for varroa.

There are carbage writers around this issue more than no one can calculate. And others repeat those carbage ideas without any experience, what is going on decade distance.

With modern terms varroa and vanishing honey bee is a part of some discussion.

People love to discuss about "end is coming" fairytales.

American Erick Berne psychiatrist invented somewhere 1932 that "human playings" are important part of social communication. The most popular game is "isn't that awfull". One tells a awfull story and another add on it a worse story. Discussion meets its climax in story "when I went to the doctor".

Lets admit, that varroa has not much to do with honey yield. Much more important that it connects people together, and their imagination can fly inside million years, and guys can generate views about evolution and bad free world.

Halleluja SOME!

:iagree:
Yes they do, Amitraz based.

No you don't, treating is easy and good results, nothing complex about it at all.

The correct use of Oxalic Acid should ensure control of varroa for several hundred years. This is because OA exploits a physical trait in the varroa that would take evolution several hundred years to evolve a physical change to.
This is my understanding of research from Sussex University team.
Please, I don't want a repeat of the 'Ivory Towers' rubbish that was directed at researchers when I quoted them before.

Yes they do, Amitraz based.

No you don't, treating is easy and good results, nothing complex about it at all.

I can say that you do not follow, what is happening in another world.
Nothing complex to professionals.

I really have enough experience about varroa that I know what write.

Back