Propolis on Lino

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveJ

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ok got my GH this weekend. Think I need to remove some of the Propolis from the lino floor in the Honey Room without damaging the lino.

Anybody any tips.

Steve

I've heard washing powder works, maybe combined with a stiff brush

I've heard washing powder works, maybe combined with a stiff brush

Ordinary cheap washing soda is the best. All I use for cleaning beekeeping equipment.

Scrape off whatever you can first with a knife.

A handfull of soda crystals in a few litres of warm water with a squirt of washing-up liquid should work without damaging the floor. Use an old cloth with the soda solution. Oh, and elbow grease ;)

Then drink the alcohol, or lick the floor! Waste not want not.

Last edited:
I'd just point the other half in the right direction and let her get on with it. I always find it's the most effortless way and good results when anything needs cleaning

I'd just point the other half in the right direction and let her get on with it. I always find it's the most effortless way and good results when anything needs cleaning

And so it begins ............. :icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Ha! If I did that I'd just get funny looks.

Latest posts

Back