polyhive.co.uk

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farbee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Thought I would start a thread similar to the Dave Cushman thread.

Many will remember polyhive on this forum a few years ago. He stopped contributing in order to set up his own site using much of the info from Dave Cushman site as a starting point in order the ensure this resource was not lost.

Wondering what people think of it. Personally I have been disappointed by its progress to date.

I maintain two blogs; a personal one and a professional one on my company's internal website.

The personal one gets updated rarely but my work one I write a 500 word piece every week.

Maintaining a blog requires considerable commitment and plenty of discipline. It's something you really need to enjoy doing rather than just fancying having a website.

Finding stuff you want to invest some time in to produce content others may enjoy isn't easy.

My job changes the end of the month which will free up more time for me to invest in my own personal site which I'm keen to work on. Not so much I that I care if people want to read it, rather I find writing something helps me consolidate my knowledge and if other people read it they can correct me sometimes.

My point being one man websites are a labour of love so don't expect too much.

Thought I would start a thread similar to the Dave Cushman thread.

Many will remember polyhive on this forum a few years ago. He stopped contributing in order to set up his own site using much of the info from Dave Cushman site as a starting point in order the ensure this resource was not lost.

Wondering what people think of it. Personally I have been disappointed by its progress to date.

I check in and out of polyhives site and it doesn't really reflect the knowledge he has, so yes am also a little disappointed. Would love to see him back here again
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I maintain two blogs; a personal one and a professional one on my company's internal website.

The personal one gets updated rarely but my work one I write a 500 word piece every week.

Maintaining a blog requires considerable commitment and plenty of discipline. It's something you really need to enjoy doing rather than just fancying having a website.

Finding stuff you want to invest some time in to produce content others may enjoy isn't easy.

My job changes the end of the month which will free up more time for me to invest in my own personal site which I'm keen to work on. Not so much I that I care if people want to read it, rather I find writing something helps me consolidate my knowledge and if other people read it they can correct me sometimes.

My point being one man websites are a labour of love so don't expect too much.

Wellll yesss.

But he was the one who chose to start the site. Also one of his reasons was that nothing was being added or done to the Cushman site. Caused quite a lot of agro at the time.

He still looks in but an agreement with admin does not allow him to post

He still looks in but an agreement with admin does not allow him to post

Admin never mentioned that before, last time PH logged in was March last year, so he's banned then.

No It was an agreement they had as polyhive was setting up his on site, It was one of his last post I think he explained the situation.

No... cannot see anything in his last few posts about an agreement not to post on here.

Yep you're quite right, I miss interpreted the legal stuff about Dave Cushman. :sorry:

Poly hive is still the third highest poster here - with 10,003 posts.

Fewer than RAB and Finman - but soon to be overtaken by someone from the Principality.

What a shame.

Dusty

Last edited:
Yes, he got to 10k, but the last 1k were one liners mostly. Prolly some were only one worders.

Latest posts

Back