Pollen Substitute - Ultra Bee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't say it's irradiated pollen - unless it says so on the label which is too small to read.

Says so under description, lower left under picture of pollen bag.

Bottom left under picture and beneath description tag says irradiated pollen. Potency 25kg.
It's easy to miss it.

Do they ship to the UK?

I've been giving my bees Neopol every spring for the past few years to give a hand building up numbers for the OSR harvest. They certainly like it, choosing it over fondant, but how much good it actually does I have no idea, not having enough hives to try any control groups.

Give them a boots with a patty and a fondant block if they need it. Mine usually get a couple of pollen patty's and a couple of KG of fondant.

Give them a boots with a patty and a fondant block if they need it. Mine usually get a couple of pollen patty's and a couple of KG of fondant.

How bees inform that they need it? .... I do not ask it from then.

Bees do well without patty. But, I can start brooding one brood cycle earlier than with natural style. IT means that bees have 2-3 weeks longer yield season than with natural system. IT makes our yield cycle almost double. Small colonies can be helped to productive hives.

# the project takes about 2 months.

# I start patty feeding at the beginning of April.

# That laying makes new feeder bees for the beginning of May.

# Then at the first half of May hives make a good about of brood.

# those brood are ready to harvest the crop at the end of June and from this onwards.
Raspberry is very good crop on the last half if July, but small colonies d not have foragers enough then.
If a hive has one box full of brood at the first half of May, it can get a good crop from raspberry.

Last edited:
Back