Pollen Frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 national
I have just "combined" 2 double brood colonies and there are 8 brood frames of mainly pollen with some honey on them left over. Should I freeze them down or ??? what ???....

I have just "combined" 2 double brood colonies and there are 8 brood frames of mainly pollen with some honey on them left over. Should I freeze them down or ??? what ???....
If you’ve left the bees with a couple of frames of pollen then yes. The pollen does deteriorate but is still useful. Have you other colonies that could use it?

If you’ve left the bees with a couple of frames of pollen then yes. The pollen does deteriorate but is still useful. Have you other colonies that could use it?
Hi Dani. I left the combined colony ( double brood) with 8 frames of honey and 6 frames of mixed honey and pollen. The "spare" single brood colony was left with 3 frames of honey and 3 frames of mixed pollen. My other 2 colonies have loads of stores ready for winter, and I haven't even thought of winter feeding them yet.

8 brood frames or 8 pollen frames?

I suppose that there bees rear brood still and they need those pollen frames.

Latest posts

Back