Polish tins

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Seems bigT have dropped the tins for the moment which is a bit tricky as I would like some now.

Anyone know of another supplier? I am aware of Jones.

PH

There are indeed but none the right dimensions I can find.

Dimensions: Height 27mm, Diameter 89mm, Lid 94mm.

This is getting trickier.

PH

C Wynne Jones ... they have them in that size, and with the neat recessed indentation in the lid rather than that poxy turn thing that always leaked.

Check they actually have them in stock, when I asked at WBKA Spring convention, they were having trouble getting hold of polish tins.

Grins.

This is why I am posing the q.

Can we take it that the usual people are not stocking at the moment and think out the box please?

PH

When I asked, they showed me a tin with screw on lid. Not a polish tin and they mentioned difficulty with suppliers. When I was at Maisemores, they were selling the same tin, marked as polish tins.

When I asked, they showed me a tin with screw on lid. Not a polish tin and they mentioned difficulty with suppliers. When I was at Maisemores, they were selling the same tin, marked as polish tins.

Polish Pots - Aluminium 100ml
Aluminium
capacity approx 100ml

Diameter 70mm / 7cm
Height 36mm / 3.5cm

Not what we had supplied from them... but the aluminium may be worth a punt, as have found in the past the tin ones went rusty around the edge.
Th*nes used to be the least expensive by far.

Not a lot of help :sorry:

Cheers

Did you join the BFA Polyhive?

BFA sales keep polish tins though have never seen or used one ever myself.

Seems bigT have dropped the tins for the moment which is a bit tricky as I would like some now.

PH

Any truth in the rumour that they've dropped Polish tins because of Brexit?

And they intend to replace them with good, old-fashioned British tins?

Dusty

why the necessity for the fixed size?

why not use a decent supplier ? go to www.tinwaredirect.com
round seamless push top tins 100 ml code T0364, you got to get by the case but its only 100 tins so no big deal

lip balm tins are half the price compared to Amazon

I bought some nice lip balm containers from fleabay, I originally bought some (10) at the NHS but compared the price and opted for 100 of these ones with the clear body and white lips.

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 11
yes Amazon is not cheap for that king of stuff !

Tin ware helped us out when a tin order from our usual supplier was held up. they were great, and still use them for a couple of ally tin sizes about 600 tin a month and they never missed a delivery !

I bought black lip balm tubes from amazon which i thought was a little expensive and probably came from china by the amount of time they took to come. Anyone know a cheap UK supplier

Latest posts

Back