Plastic Foundation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tested the plastic foundation in 15 supers this year and liked it so bought another 200 sheets to make up some more. Makes extracting much easier, especially heather honey.

The frames are quicker to build as well.
How does that work then - are you saying you spin heather honey or do you perhaps scrape comb off the plastic and then press?

Scrape and press. I attempted the same thing last year on normal wax trying to scrape back to the midrib but more often than not I went through the other side;m if they repaired it was with a lot of drone comb.

Watched a recent video this week from BMH, Lawrence sprayed his plastic foundation with a home-made propolis tincture with good results. ⚗️ Has anyone else heard of this or tried this method? Incidentally if you break plastic foundation can you fix it with super glue or Airfix glue?:)

Nothing stopping you except perhaps the solvent fumes.
As with wax foundation,if they decide not to use it for normal cells they'll either skip over the damaged area or bridge it with brace comb/drone comb

Latest posts

Back