Planting top 20 for new beekeepers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had the few acres of land I aspire to.......
(I am moving...infact the removal men are here today putting everything apart from the chickens and bees into store)......
And I had some boggy ground or a pond...in isolation... I might pant some purple loosestrife or then again some himalayan balsam :biggrinjester:

Oregano and marjoram are big hits....Oh and lemon balm too.

For later in the year, Verbena Bonariensis, excuse spelling please. Had a packet free with Beecraft last year, grew them and thought, what a waste of time. Then one day called in home earlier than usual, about 3pm, the VB's were smothered, watched daily then and it seemed 3pm til abt 5.15 they were continously somthered.

my single flower dahlias are a big hit with my bees

If I had the few acres of land I aspire to.......
(I am moving...infact the removal men are here today putting everything apart from the chickens and bees into store)......
And I had some boggy ground or a pond...in isolation... I might pant some purple loosestrife or then again some himalayan balsam :biggrinjester:

I've got purple loosestrife at my own out apiary, used to be out there a lot as had a pony out there also, never saw any bees on it.

Back