Picture of a WBC photo with some lifts removed - wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m100

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Enough
I need something for some publicity material for our local association. I could probably take one myself if the weather was a bit better but time is tight.

I've tried on google and through various photo and beekeeping websites but while i can find many of the fully assembled items I can't find a photo of a WBC with some lifts removed.

Does anyone have something to hand or point me to a url where I could download one?

A better quality of this one one would be ideal.

P.S. the one on google images a few rows down is a Glen Hive not a WBC

Hope this is what your after

picture.php

picture.php

Look familiar... ?

picture.php

Last edited:
First one is not; third one is not; second one looks fine!

Those boxes look tight in there, so are they thicker timber than original lighter-weight construction ones?

Regards, RAB

Thanks! Can you tell me what the source is, particularly of the middle one?

Last edited:
ok found it (with the help of www.tineye.com)

http://www.beesource.com/build-it-yourself/10-frame-wbc-hive-steve-moye/

That page also explains it's not a true WBC having been built to accept "12 medium Pierco frames" which might explain the near zero clearance from the hive body to the lifts

Pierco frames being plastic Langstroths, which explains the hand holds cut into the inner box walls that look nothing like nationals!

Last edited:
m100, if you pm me or list on the forum tonight what specific shots you want i can take some tommorrow when i go to feed the chickens as i have an unused wbc at the bee shed, if you like i can pose with it, do you want clothes on or off??

i can email them over to you be 10 am as it is planned on rain tommorrow

Back