Photo Wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith pierce

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I am looking for a photo of rat damage to a poly hive for a power point presentation, if some would be kind enough to email it to me, please. Large size, please if possible.

Unfortunately I can supply that albeit a nuc box not a full BB.

If that will do then PM me an email addy. Provided on the basis it is not a knocking presentation as rats can as easily do the same to timber.

PH

No, it not for knocking as i have about 20 polys myself, but you just have to be a little more diligent in you rat control. I have one apiary beside a stream and i only keep timbers in it, at its always prone to attempted rat attacks during the winter.

I caught myself out by having peanuts in the same storage.

Very stupid but with everything else that was going on it never crossed my mind.

PH

I think I can get someone to send you a picture of mouse damage to a PAynes Poly Nuc - would that suffice in this instance? (Two Poly Nucs stored in a shed over the past winter. Mice had a bit of a gnaw on the exterior)
I'll drop him a message and ask him if he would be prepared to E mail a pic or two.

Don't have any rat-chewed poly hives sorry .. but any chance I could sore a copy of the power point and/or talk?

Not sure how evident it would be in a photograph but I had a lid slightly loose on a paradise poly hive and the bees chewed a bit trying to make themselves an upper entrance.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Back