Paynes Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But somehow, I doubt the excitement is going to crash their server! :)

Would they have frame 2nds same price or cheaper than thornes and what how much p&p to Ireland

not much of a sale is it? I bought jumbo nucs in October & they were £32.92, Now they are saying they were £39.50 reduced to £33.58, so they just bumped up their prices recently so it looks like they are now giving us a bargain?I cant see how they can justify putting them up almost £7 unless its because they are selling more & are cashing in!
rapid feeders were £5.57 in sept, now saying they were £6.68 reduced to £4.99?
I guess this goes for all the things they have on sale, no real bargains then?

not much of a sale is it? I bought jumbo nucs in October & they were £32.92, Now they are saying they were £39.50 reduced to £33.58, so they just bumped up their prices recently so it looks like they are now giving us a bargain?I cant see how they can justify putting them up almost £7 unless its because they are selling more & are cashing in!

Well ... perhaps not the bargains we were hoping for but they will cost you less than they will later in the season when you really need them !

not much of a sale is it?

Always 'buyer beware'. I see so many with 'up to' x% off, where the only item with x% off is the most unlikely item anyone would want at the offer price.

Recently bought an item in a 72 hour sale. ''All glasses less 25%'' was the claim, but the one glass I wanted was only reduced from £150 to £120; the only item marked down by 20%!

When I pointed it out, they claimed an 'oversight' and I got my item at the lower price, so I was satisfied. Mind you, the item Iooks smaller than the time they previously stocked them. I might be wrong but it reminded me of mars, polos and wagon wheels - among other things.

RAB

not much of a sale is it?

Mind you, the item Iooks smaller than the time they previously stocked them. I might be wrong but it reminded me of mars, polos and wagon wheels - among other things.

RAB

That's our age they tell me .. it's not things getting smaller - it's just my eyesight getting worse ...

Strange, but as a kid, it took two of us to carry a Mars Bar home !

If you bought those nucs in October, isn't that when they have a poly sale?

If you bought those nucs in October, isn't that when they have a poly sale?

No idea i just bought them as i needed them, do they have sales on nucs every 3 months then?

It's a common marketing ploy to put up a price and then reduce it back down to the original price at sale time.

Four weeks ago I bought a camera in argos for €69 it is now gone up to €89. I'll wager that when the sale starts it will be sold at €69 with a great saving of €20.

No idea i just bought them as i needed them, do they have sales on nucs every 3 months then?

No, just this year-end sale and a hive-package sale in October (which may/may not include the nuc and nuc+eke).

I think Pargyle called it correctly …
... but they will cost you less than they will later in the season when you really need them !

due to the number of nucs sold by them in their own boxes now they are starting to show up at the auctions quite cheaply so will not bother with their sale and get some in march if I feel I need them.

They have had a few Flash Sales this year before the usual end of year sale, which might make people think they are putting up the price in-between sales, I for one are very grateful to Paynes for this as i have been able to buy when i needed to and not have to wait until the end of the year, keep it up Roger not worthy

Perhaps they are already feeling the pinch from Mann Lake, I'm not surprised with the price of their hive tools.

The sale items were actually on the site on Christmas eve.
Prices of polyhives same as in October sale. Thought I would hold off to see if there were cheaper in Christmas sale but no luck. Still needed some nucs so ordered them anyway.

Back