Own up Rutland Beekeepers!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Front page of this weeks Rutland Times, who forgot to put their smoker out and burnt their car down!!

Quote:

'Bee smoking equipment sparked a fire in a Peugeot 205 on Saturday. The car was severely damaged in the blaze.'

This followed an article on how there has been a huge increase in swarms this year 40% increase in fact. But good to see there was NO sensationalised headlines or scary quotes of killer bees, pretty straight forward reporting.

C B

Wasnt this our very own Rab............... see posting earlier in the week, Oakham fire brigade put his car out !

Wasnt this our very own Rab............... see posting earlier in the week, Oakham fire brigade put his car out !

I think it might be, and he owned up the very next day.

Missed that one, just read RABs post crickey they have made light of what actually happened in the paper!!

Newspapers are always economical with the truth just to sensationalise a story don't they - surely it was an electrical fault with the car?:Angel_anim:

quite the opposite they made it sound like a small fire, not the disaster that RAB actually had to put up with plus the unfortunate bee sting that knocked his good lady out!!:eek:

You got the truth on here last Saturday. There is the possibility it was down to me but likewise it could have been electrical. My lit smoker was certainly in my hand when I returned to find the car alight and at no time did a lit smoker get put in my car!!! Sounds like sensational idiots at work again. Probably passed to the "reporter" (in inverted commas, because they patently are not a proper one) in exchange for a pint in the local pub, from one of the fire crew.

RAB

I have been to countless car fires and there are many reasons for one catching fire. From my recollection of RAB's account, he had been using it recently and with a smoker in his hand, not in the car, there is every possibility that it ignited through a fault on the vehicle. I have come across other Pugs that have ignited themselves, backed up by CCTV footage. I agree that the local press need to stick to facts, not what they think will sell more papers.

Dave.

careless with his smoker eh lol tut

whats got four legs and goes woof??

RAB's next hive lol

I don't get it? Am I just being slow? lol

Yes frenchie cars are well know for igniting.
Had a former colleague who's new pug self ignited on the drive at 3 / 4 days old.

"whats got four legs and goes woof??

RAB's next hive lol"

although i'd imagine a beehaus would just melt silently in a cloud of billowing acrid black smoke.

I don't get it? Am I just being slow? lol

I think it's a topical version of that old joke,
Q "how d'you make a cat go woof?"
A "Pour petrol on it and set light to it."

(Makes a "woof!" sound as it catches fire, d'y'see?)

Latest posts

Back