Nuisance calls.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Just nearly had an argument with bloke on this number..01392 581386,
he asked for me by name.......I asked who he was......he asked if I was me........I asked what it concerned.........he again asked if I was me.........so I asked what his name was and what was the call about...... he said he needed to talk to me.... I suggest he go away...

Google the number.....

Have you been a naughty boy and ticked I wish to receive info from 3rd parties on any forms you have filled in. Details of a phone number to ring on Moneybox programme radio 4 today. I think they can be fined £500,000 now or very soon.

never tick any boxes... or untick as the case may be..

Also I often put wrong telephone numbers....

never tick any boxes... or untick as the case may be..

Also I often put wrong telephone numbers....
I am afraid I always manage to get one digit transposed.

As for post codes, I think I may live in Croydon .. or the Outer Hebrides.. or even Wales . On second thoughts, I cannot stand the shame of Wales..:judge:

Have you been a naughty boy and ticked I wish to receive info from 3rd parties on any forms you have filled in. Details of a phone number to ring on Moneybox programme radio 4 today. I think they can be fined £500,000 now or very soon.

They should be made to pay compensation........

I keep getting calls from a firm called CCS on a 'blocked number' call who ask for me by name and tell me 'its about the minor accident you had in your vehicle recently' ... I've told them several times that I've had no accident and to take me off their phone list when they usually hang up. I got another one yesterday and managed to get their office details out of the plonker on the phone but when I asked where they got my unlisted number from he could only tell me that 'they work from lists given to them and just call the numbers they are given'.

I've discovered on the internet that they are ambulance chasing lawyers ...

http://www.completeclaimsolutions.co.uk/

One more call and they are getting reported to the Law Society ...

My home phone is unuseable because of nuisance calls. We hardly ever answer incoming calls. We have to use mobiles

My home phone is unuseable because of nuisance calls. We hardly ever answer incoming calls. We have to use mobiles

I often dont answer because I know that anybody I know who needs to contact me will then try my mobile.
Problem is..............I then have to find the mobile and remember how to use it.

I mainly work from home and used to get a lot of nuisance calls. I tried a Truecall, call blocker and it worked a treat for 3-4 years until it broke, I now have a BT call blocker phone which has Truecall built in. The caller has to say who they are before the phone rings, puts off almost every nuisance call the others you can the press a button and block their number. I know I shouldn't have to go to this trouble but it works a treat, I should also say the system also allows you to let calls from trusted' sources straight through.
S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mainly work from home and used to get a lot of nuisance calls. I tried a Truecall, call blocker and it worked a treat for 3-4 years until it broke, I now have a BT call blocker phone which has Truecall built in. The caller has to say who they are before the phone rings, puts off almost every nuisance call the others you can the press a button and block their number. I know I shouldn't have to go to this trouble but it works a treat, I should also say the system also allows you to let calls from trusted' sources straight through.
S

Interesting ... what happens to the calls where they don't give a name - does it just cut them off ?

I'd like one that tells them they are a damn nuisance or which plays horrible music for 10 minutes until they get fed up of it ...or a message that says 'Our operators are all busy answering other calls; we are experiencing an unusually high volume of calls at present - We value your business and would like you to wait another 23 minutes until someone can be bothered to answer your urgent call, please do not hang up, wait around listening to Greensleeves played on a stylophone or Vivaldi's Four Seasons on a Piano accordion until some plonker accidentally cuts you off and then you will have to start all over again - thank you for calling - an operator will be with you not that soon - we suggest you go and make a cup of tea as we will still be here when you come back.'

I get a lot of calls from 0845 numbers that are clearly autodialled by a computer - if you answer them quickly then the call centre operative will come on the line .. let them ring for any length of time and when you pick up they cut off. I know how the call centres work and how the computers just keep dialling different numbers and then show the operative on their computer screen when a call is answered - so they don't waste time waiting for someone to answer - very annoying for those people being called.

I have caller identification on the phones and on a wall mounted stand alone unit in the kitchen and I tend to ignore calls from these numbers - but - I still end up having to go and look who has called if I'm not next to the phone - such a waste of time ...

Interesting ... what happens to the calls where they don't give a name - does it just cut them off ?

I'd like one that tells them they are a damn nuisance or which plays horrible music for 10 minutes until they get fed up of it ...or a message that says 'Our operators are all busy answering other calls; we are experiencing an unusually high volume of calls at present - We value your business and would like you to wait another 23 minutes until someone can be bothered to answer your urgent call, please do not hang up, wait around listening to Greensleeves played on a stylophone or Vivaldi's Four Seasons on a Piano accordion until some plonker accidentally cuts you off and then you will have to start all over again - thank you for calling - an operator will be with you not that soon - we suggest you go and make a cup of tea as we will still be here when you come back.'

I get a lot of calls from 0845 numbers that are clearly autodialled by a computer - if you answer them quickly then the call centre operative will come on the line .. let them ring for any length of time and when you pick up they cut off. I know how the call centres work and how the computers just keep dialling different numbers and then show the operative on their computer screen when a call is answered - so they don't waste time waiting for someone to answer - very annoying for those people being called.

I have caller identification on the phones and on a wall mounted stand alone unit in the kitchen and I tend to ignore calls from these numbers - but - I still end up having to go and look who has called if I'm not next to the phone - such a waste of time ...

Yep cuts them off, so any computer generated calls don't get through. You can also leave your message, so could in theory leave any response you like. I should also add that even if they do get through, you can still direct them to your answer machine or 'zapp' so that next time they call they will not even be given the option of leaving a message!
I have found it very useful, bit of a 'faff' at beginning but can't remember the last cold caller.
You can also see how many calls have been blocked and review the numbers.
Sorry starting to sound like a salesman but if like me you can't be doing with these calls, the chance to stop them is worth it.
S

Phone I have is this one:
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobi...bt8500-review-the-best-call-blocker-phone-yet

Dont ever put your real number into price comparison sites... within minutes of getting a quote you are inundated with calls... maybe put someones number in you don't like... dishmop, put in ccs number and give them taste of their own medicine.

I used to put junk mail in a free return envelope from another junk mail letter.

I registered our home # with the telephone preference service, now have hardly any nuisance calls. Postie said the mail preference service also works well to reduce junk mail.

This just reminded me of my uncle Delfryn - he used to have his trusty Acme thunderer handy next to the phone in case of any nuisance calls.
It's also reminded me that my dog whistles are still hanging up behind the study door - within reach of the telephone!!
I can see someone having a serious case on Tinnitus before long :D

I registered our home # with the telephone preference service, now have hardly any nuisance calls. Postie said the mail preference service also works well to reduce junk mail.

We have the phone preference service but still get calls from pests..

We have the phone preference service but still get calls from pests..

The companies who cold call just ignore the TPS until there are sufficient complaints against them. Most people don't complain those that do fail to get all the information needed to enable the TPS to act.
S

Back