Not Good!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You had fairies in the hive as well!! no wonder the bees were tetchy

Know what you mean JBM, squirting "fairy liquid" in the washing up bowl never seems right to me ........

:coolgleamA:

All sorted, they're going to a new home with a commercial beek on Sat morning.

I've Put the petrol back in the mower

I think you've done the right thing Hachi.

Pity to see them go, but glad to see the back of them?

No doubt they will be pussy's when he has them

Probably requeened very shortly, new queen's offspring in less than a month (winter bees), only fed for winter (minimal inspections) and a good investment for next season.

No doubt they will be pussy's when he has them

Probably requeened very shortly, new queen's offspring in less than a month (winter bees), only fed for winter (minimal inspections) and a good investment for next season.

Rab

You are probably right. Unfortunately where I am with my beekeeping experience has meant I just don't have the experience to deal with a hive with this nature. I was exposed for no more than a minute or two last monday and took 15 stings to the legs hands and chest. Some I didn't know I'd had until I got home and checked properly.

If he can do something with them then fair play to him he has my respect.

As for me, I have learned such a lot from the experience, its been unpleasant and a hard way to learn at times but next time I will be better prepared.

Rab

I was exposed for no more than a minute or two last monday and took 15 stings to the legs hands and chest. Some I didn't know I'd had until I got home and checked properly.

Didn't you have a suit on ?

Craig

Latest posts

Back