• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Norfolk Nuc on National frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Woods

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
If I can't extract the wild colony that lives above my front door I'm interested in a Nuc on National frames in the next month or so.

Now have my first colony - a captured swarm - letting the girls settle down for a while

Still interested in a nuc - now I have my first hive with the captured swarm in residence, I have a second hive on order and have gathered the parts to build a third - just need to add some bees :) (have told wife that all the parts I am putting together are 'spares')

have you got the bee out buy your door yet id love to do a cut out

They are inbetween the walls of the house - to get them out would mean taking a sledge hammer to the chalk clunch and brick and knocking a hole in my wall :( When I walk upstairs I can put my ear to the wall and hear the buzzing :)

They have been there a year and caused no problems - just means walking through bees a couple of times a day - I am hoping they swarm to a nearby bait hive one day. Makes a good talking point for visitors.

They are happy where they are so leaving them where they are :)

They have been there a year and caused no problems - just means walking through bees a couple of times a day - I am hoping they swarm to a nearby bait hive one day. Makes a good talking point for visitors.

They are happy where they are so leaving them where they are :)
Can you erect a shield/board or something so they have to enter and leave above head height? Hanging baskets? Big sign that says "Detour"

They are bringing in vast amounts of pollen - all the fields of potatoes are in flower so they are having a field day :)

Just spent 15 minutes watching them and I think I might have another colony in the roof of my house as there appears to be lots of bee activity.

Just watched that captured swarm of yours Dishmop attack and kill a wasp - they are coming along nicely :)

Just spent 15 minutes watching them and I think I might have another colony in the roof of my house as there appears to be lots of bee activity.

Same place? or are they new ones on test flights...

Think they might be scouts looking for somewhere to live plenty of activity - they are entering a hole about 30 feet away and 15 feet higher than my established door colony - will venture into the loft later - hope the are not masonry bees :(

nuc

Pm me if you still want a nuc.... I will have 10 ucs and 10 full hives ready very shortly

Back