Norfolk Beginner!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smalltownbees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hive is constructed…..books have be studied…..time has been spent with a bee keeper…..nuc is in the pipeline!

It’s exciting and a little bit scary at the same time, so finding this forum and reading through many, many postings I know I am not alone and that there is a wealth of “real world” information available.

So I hope you don’t mind if I ask questions when they arise.

I look forward to sharing my triumphs and mistakes.

Andrew

Hello Andrew, welcome to the forum. Enjoy.

Hive is constructed…..books have be studied…..time has been spent with a bee keeper…..nuc is in the pipeline!

It’s exciting and a little bit scary at the same time, so finding this forum and reading through many, many postings I know I am not alone and that there is a wealth of “real world” information available.

Welcome !

Welcome to the forum Andrew and to the insane addiction that is beekeeping. There's plenty of advice here, some good, some bad and some atrocious but most of us will keep you straight.
Have good look round the site. And if you are into YouTube beware there is much rubbish there. To get you started try NORFOLK HONEY and BLACK MOUNTAIN HONEY and RICHARD NOEL I'm sure folk will come up with others for you
Post your questions in the beginners' section

PS lovely Avatar

Welcome indeed Andrew bee-smillie
The Norfolk honey company aka Stewart Spinks does have a great range of videos covering most things a new keeper would want to know about and more.

Welcome. At least you have done the things the right way to start with even if it goes wrong from here!!!!😁

Welcome Andrew, there is little that is more exciting in beekeeping than taking delivery of your first bees ,,,, until, of course, you see your first queen cells, or collect your first swarm, or taste your own honey for the first time, or get your first colony through winter and so it goes on ... the bees continually feed the addiction once you are hooked. The books and vids are great, this forum is fantastic but there's nothing that prepares you for working with your own bees ... if in doubt ask questions - they may seem silly and they may have been asked many times previously but there's always someone on here who will give you an answer - of course - there will always be more than one ! Beekeeping is all about making decisions ,,,, have fun, the bees will usually get you out of trouble when you make the wrong one ....

Latest posts

Back