No thanks...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well - the OP may have disappeared (hopefully not for long) - but whosoever 'did the wicked deed' knows who they are, so perhaps they would have the balls - assuming it's a bloke :) - to confess all. I'm sure they would be forgiven, after a sufficient display of apologetic grovelling.

LJ

I'm sure the person involved will not realise they have done anything untoward, as it is their 'normal' way of commenting on posts!:rules:

:iagree:
I feel for the OP, I really do but there IS a small element of some "senior" "more experienced" beeks who occasionally make newbees feel stupid or unwelcome.

I suffered it a small amount when I first started and only the other day, I found myself trying to reassure a newbee after she had received what she felt was a sarcastic response to a question.

I don't know if the sarcasm is always intended but its easy to forget that when someone has just started the hobby, it is very daunting and scary when something happens that's out of the ordinary. And also that newbees (me especially) sometimes ask daft questions.

All that said, PM'ing someone to argue is just darn right out of order....

Nope - I have only ever had positive, helpful responses from (and I quote)..."senior" "more experienced" beeks ...however some other newer members are still of the opinion that bees never do anything that is not noted in books. To state that they do occasionally do so appears to be an unwelcome comment on a public forum...

However, I think it is time this thread dies a quiet, natural death don't you Admin?

... of the opinion that bees never do anything that is not noted in books.

I've read the books, done the courses and some exams, but the bees still get it wrong. I reckon my bees aren't even semi-literate - they eat paper rather than reading it! :D

Back