No teeing off on the fourth

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outlander

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
12 14x12 hives. 2 standard nationals and 8 14x12 nucs.
After five busy days of collecting swarms I promised my wife that today would be a no bee day. VG also said that she was worn out and wanted a day of rest. About 13:45 I received a call from one of the local golf courses. They asked if I could come and remove a swarm of bees from a mans golf bag. He was putting on the green of the fourth hole. When he turned around he found the swarm had made is bag their resting place.

Bees put into swarm box, hole four closed for the day and pick up box this evening from the fourth. Have some not so good footage I'll put on later.

Well had to be done, just could not say no to this one.

Golf and bees seem to be taking up all my time these days.

If I had been there I could have combined the two and freed up a day!!

:)

After five busy days of collecting swarms I promised my wife that today would be a no bee day. VG also said that she was worn out and wanted a day of rest. About 13:45 I received a call from one of the local golf courses. They asked if I could come and remove a swarm of bees from a mans golf bag. He was putting on the green of the fourth hole. When he turned around he found the swarm had made is bag their resting place.

Bees put into swarm box, hole four closed for the day and pick up box this evening from the fourth. Have some not so good footage I'll put on later.

Well had to be done, just could not say no to this one.

easier than mine yesterday, I had to get a high toped van to stand the a-frame ladder on to reach them

It was fun driving over the course to the bewildered amusement of the golfers. Wanted us to use a golfing buggy but could not get all we needed on it.

I'm devising a way of reaching high swarms without leaving the ground or using a bee vac.

Made the Eastern Daily Press and the Evening News, with coloured Picture. That’s my 15 mins of fame.

Video not to good and small cast swarm but fun afternoon out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEXgVatF-uc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjD8rESr86A[/ame]

:spy: it was funny driving the car round a golf corse. A easy swarm to collect and a lovely way to spend the afternoon. And he has a lovely lavender secnted golf bag :icon_204-2:
:cool:

Latest posts

Back