No neonics in the handlotion

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my kids works up town in a shop that sell lotions and potions. She's come back today with an anti neonics t-shirt. They are all wearing them at work. Couldn't post a picture. I thought it funny that the campaign which has been close to the hearts of lots of beekeepers has gone mainstream.

The honey is off at most of the apiaries. Going down to the park tomorrow to put the clearer boards on the last lot. A new beekeeper has said he'll come with me so that afterwards I can go to look at his bees with him. He's been so keen to get me to look in his hive. I guess it works out Ok as he'll do most of the lifting and it seems that he won't stop worrying unitl I've actually looked at his bees.

Looks like less honey this year. The supers are getting lighter at the moment. Perhaps the hot weather at the weekend will bring on another flow. Supposed to be the hottest day of the year on Saturday.

Best news today is that I have an option on another apiary site so the worry about having to move the bees from by the railway by end of August is less. Visting new site tomorrow. It is too small and it is not 3 miles from site I'm losing, but am still glad to have got something.

Back