No more hive thefts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price it at a cost-effective level. Otherwise it will be cheaper to risk losing them.

Simplest way is to stop keeping bees and sell all your equipment. No further problem.

Last edited:
Whilst i totally think this is a great idea , no matter what you choose to sell, i prefere to use a concrete base and a few cast insitue threaded bars, seam to work well for me

Yes .... cast it in-situ in the ground under or by the hive - quick setting cement - some big chains and padlocks - prevention is better than cure, just a deterrent but hopefully they will head off to someone else's apiary.

We are talking about beehives and I think its an insult sayin that as im goin to invent it and im goin to give the invention away or clues im not ive better things to do with my time than sit in forums winding people up so wasp the problem

Im amazed at the negativity on here you laugh at me and mock me well you will be buying my invention soon and saying that's a bloody good idea

Ok - so you say it's not a wind-up. You don't think there's a chance you might be a tad 'arrogant' regarding what you claim to be in the process of inventing ?
People all over the world have been struggling with hive theft problems since at least the middle of the 19th century - and no-one has yet come even close to solving the problem.

What makes you think you have the answer ?

You may have, of course - but without at least a little taster (you can keep the details secret by all means) to evaluate - why should anyone take your claim seriously ? You see negativity - whereas I see realism.

The Internet forums are full of posts which are of the form: "what I am going to do is ...". But there's not so very many of the form: "what I have done/proven/shown is ...".

So why have you posted about this anyway ... ? Like, what's the point ? You say you've "got better things to do" - well - it doesn't really seem like it ...

LJ

A post-script.

Your post started with the statement "I am currently working on an invention that will make theft of hives a thing of the past ...".

Ok - so you must then be planning on making/selling a large number of 'whatever it is' that you're inventing.

But there's a problem you appear to have overlooked. You won't reveal even the basic principle of your invention here - but - as soon as you sell, or try to sell, the very first one of these - you will be revealing to the world and his dog at least the basic principle. It will be impossible to do otherwise.

Just thought I'd mention that small touch of reality.

Last edited:
Cast Iron or concrete Hive, too heavy to lift ?

Been done already... ;)

82f281701280501c60d6de21791913e0.jpeg

I cannot move the biggest two of my TBHs...full of bees and stores. But of course not theft proof.

I cannot move the biggest two of my TBHs...full of bees and stores. But of course not theft proof.

Ha... you lightweight - it took two of us to lift my hive when it was empty - and that was without the stand !! I will need Pickfords and a crane when we finally move !

good luck with it. hope it works .

It will be like a breath of fresh air to many if it works I'd be interested,
I dont suppose its a remotely actvated satellite death ray thingamabobble!

This must be a wind up!

I have a super duper invention, its amazing, but I'm not going to tell you about it for a few months.

This must be a wind up!

I have a super duper invention, its amazing, but I'm not going to tell you about it for a few months.

You may be right but if you had a truly new or unique product, would you really show it or its details on a forum?
It may have already tried and could be a big let done, on the other hand if what Norfolknchance is working on has not been seen before and is hoping to sell/licence; better keep schtum(sp) for now.

You may be right but if you had a truly new or unique product, would you really show it or its details on a forum?
It may have already tried and could be a big let done, on the other hand if what Norfolknchance is working on has not been seen before and is hoping to sell/licence; better keep schtum(sp) for now.

So why start the thread.....unless it is a (totally pointless) windup? It's easy to throw a comment into an existing thread without really thinking things through but to actually start a thread suggests at least some forethought.

I think the key to this and at least one other thread is in the phonetics of the guy's username.

I hope it all works out for you. From reading here, hive theft is getting more common.

Yes from memory perhaps three reported on this forum this year but perhaps more nationally.

If this is genuine and like all insurance type devices they sell on the fear of theft rather on the actual risk.

very good

So why start the thread.....unless it is a (totally pointless) windup? It's easy to throw a comment into an existing thread without really thinking things through but to actually start a thread suggests at least some forethought.

I think the key to this and at least one other thread is in the phonetics of the guy's username.

like it

Good luck OP. If the invention is genuine and original, seek patent advice.

Latest posts

Back