no brood....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shabro

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I did an inspection on the nuc I hived last week as the weather was good today, when I put them in the hive I noticed there was capped brood but didn't dig any further due to the weather.
I didnt see any eggs, grubs or capped brood,but I did see HRH and she looked ok.
Is this cause for concern or could she have just gone off lay due to the weather, I suppose it is possible if I missed the odd cell.

Are you 100% sure you would have seen unsealed brood and eggs if they were there? If it was cool, I guess you will have only looked quickly? Probably no problem. If it is cold they will appreciate a dummy board.

May need details of the origin of the nuc. A reliable vendor? Could easily have gone off-lay if installed in a cavernous space, but I would expect open brood to be present. I think you have either not recognised the eggs/larvae or have been sold a dud.

well HRH has made a liar out of me, there are now plenty of eggs and grubs...........

Back