NHS Meeting

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebreeder

Field Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots
As I was unable to attend the meeting at the National Honey Show today, could someone fill me and anyone else that uses this section what the outcome was. I know it will probably come from David but i was just curious.
Kev

As I was unable to attend the meeting at the National Honey Show today, could someone fill me and anyone else that uses this section what the outcome was. I know it will probably come from David but i was just curious.
Kev

The motion to change the membership structure and implement the tiered subscriptions was carried unanimously. Zero votes against and zero abstentions.

Just arrived back in Scotland from the meeting...........long day, left here at 5:20 yesterday morning.

Wow that is quite a clear mandate then ! i thought there would be a few votes against and loss a few of the bigger bee farmers, clearly not, that is good news for all concerned chris

Wow that is quite a clear mandate then ! i thought there would be a few votes against and lose a few of the bigger bee farmers, clearly not, that is good news for all concerned chris

The bigger guys, paying the biggest fee, were actually the most enthusiastic, and the concensus was that for a proper trade body, it is still very cheap.

One or two gripes from the floor, mainly those in the 100 to 250 range, who did not want to pay and extra 50 pounds, and wanted everyone to pay the same. When the treasurer pointed out that this would actually then be 170 opounds to pay for the new structure if the big guys did not have to pay more and in fact they were actually being slightly subsidised the complaints stopped. It was stated, (by David Bancalari who had the spreadsheets to hand) that in fact over 50% of members will still only by 100 pounds, and 79% will actually be paying less than the true cost.
A few minor gripes about the voting structure, but all the fine details are just the first attempt at things, and changes can be made at AGM times in future if it needs tweaking.

New membership structure kicks in from start of January.

Although i was a bit shocked by the unanimous vote i am not totally surprised, after attending our regional meeting i was very encouraged by what i heard, you and the other officials put your plans across very well indeed, the future looks bright for the BFA chris

It will be good when the BFA website is brought back into use and updated.

I agree it would be nice to see it used as it should be, it does not seem to have been updated for sometime now:(

I believe it is dead at the moment, cannot even log into it.

What sort of a turnout was it Murray? I'm sorry I didn't make it in the end. Unfortunately we've had a bug here at home and it was my turn on Saturday/Sunday.

That is a real shame, hopefully it is on the list of things to improve in the near future.

Back