New to the area!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. My name is Andrew. I'm new to beekeeping. I'm in the Huntingdon area. Looking to see if anyone has any hand me down items for someone just starting out.

Hello. My name is Andrew. I'm new to beekeeping. I'm in the Huntingdon area. Looking to see if anyone has any hand me down items for someone just starting out.
Welcome Andrew ... hopefully your beekeeping journey will be a long and happy one. Unfortunately, beekeepers tend to keep kit that is still serviceable and only sell what is useless or no longer fits with their other kit. Watch out for beekeping auctions but take someone withnyou that knows what they are looking at. The beekeeping supplier sales have good Discounts but it's an expensive hobby in the early days. There is sometimes kit for sale on here in the for sale section.

Another important thing. Hives come in different makes and sizes. Decide which is best for you and stick with it. It is important that your hives fit each other. The reason for this will become apparent as you get experience but it can be important for swarm control and general management.😁

Latest posts

Back