Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hivemaker2

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi everyone
I’ve been beekeeping for 17 years under my father hivemaker/Pete little and know he was a great influence to this forum, there’s always new thing to learn in the beekeeping world and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s going on.thanks for accepting me ,
Happy beekeeping everyone

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

Hi everyone
I’ve been beekeeping for 17 years under my father hivemaker/Pete little and know he was a great influence to this forum, there’s always new thing to learn in the beekeeping world and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s going on.thanks for accepting me ,
We remember Hivemaker with affection. Supplied good queens too.

Hi everyone
Hi. So pleased to see you here. Your dad sold me my first queen and he talked the ears off me into the early hours. We do miss his sound advice and sense of humour.

I remember giving your dad's phone number to one of our BKA members who, one September, was convinced he was queenless and was struggling to find a replacement.
Pete messaged me later telling me he'd spent an hour on the phone with him convincing him not to buy a new queen - the colony survived and went on to thrive the following summer.

Hi everyone
Excellent…… Your father was a beekeeping legend and a real go to for information and sound advice. Many of his contributions are still here and I hope you’ll be adding to them! Best wishes to you and the family….Ian

:welcome:

Spent a long hour on the phone to your Dad: generous with his time and advice:)

Your dad was awesome. He is missed by many.
Welcome.

Welcome from me as well ...I too had two of your dad's queens and a long phone call telling me how to install them properly. ALL Pete's posts are here ... a massive archive ... He is much missed and fondly remembered.

I just did a search for Hivemaker and nothing came up. Have his posts been moved elsewhere?
No, they are all there ... Go to the Members tag above, click on Hivemaker in the numbers of posts, click on the 14291 posts in his profile and spend the next 6 months reading them ... you will learn a lot.

Welcome Hivemaker 2. Great to have you on here. That breeder queen I had from you is still going strong and I successfully used her for raising some of the next generation. Did some instrumental insemination as well this year (flipping difficult!).

No, they are all there ... Go to the Members tag above, click on Hivemaker in the numbers of posts, click on the 14291 posts in his profile and spend the next 6 months reading them ... you will learn a lot.
Thanks Philip. I'm not sure why a search doesn't work for Hivemaker, but thanks for the tip about the Members tag.

Hi everyone
Welcome lad you have a large pair of boots to fill .I visited your dad a couple of times a genial host who loved sharing his vast experience.

Back