Nature on your doorstep event.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grahambee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Cumberland House in Portsmouth are holding a nature on your doorstep event.

The aim of the day is to promote and enthuse people about our local wildlife and highlight opportunities for them to get involved with it
on Saturday 22nd March at Cumberland House PO4 9RF from 12-4 pm

Please come along and support the event.

I am going to do a stand for the beekeepers

Thanks Graham

Cumberland House in Portsmouth are holding a nature on your doorstep event.

The aim of the day is to promote and enthuse people about our local wildlife and highlight opportunities for them to get involved with it
on Saturday 22nd March at Cumberland House PO4 9RF from 12-4 pm

Please come along and support the event.

I am going to do a stand for the beekeepers

Thanks Graham

Good luck Graham ... really worthwhile event - I would have come along but I'm woodturning with a load of other old fogies in Havant ... sorry !

Phil

Very nice.
I sold a set of old bowling balls to a wood turner in a car boot years ago, he was very exited about them and thought they were £2 each not £2 for the full set lol

Very nice.
I sold a set of old bowling balls to a wood turner in a car boot years ago, he was very exited about them and thought they were £2 each not £2 for the full set lol

If they were Lignum Vitae 9M (more than likely) it's no wonder he was very excited ... it's getting very hard to get hold of ... is much prized for its hardness ... even small pieces for things like the finials on Mick's boxes and pens cost a lot compared to other woods.

The densest of woods ... it will sink in water !

It was used extensively for things like bearings .. until the 1960's many ships propellor bearings were Lignum Vitae .. the worlds first nuclear submarine had stern bearings made from it and British Police truncheons were also made out of this wood until about 1970.

It is now the subject of an export ban from the USA ... adding to its scarcity.

Back