nail gun for making frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishguy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 over wintered nucs
Which one do you have and would recommend. I have a passload nail gun for stud and roof work but think I'll need to downsize to make these frames, I know one thing, I won't be nailing with a hammer and nails again this year nailing 100 frames so gona get a small nailer but thought I'd ask on here first for recommendations.

be careful, I used my nail gun and put one straight through the frame and into my thumb

be careful, I used my nail gun and put one straight through the frame and into my thumb

I wouldn't worry to much about that, sure I've 2 of them thumbs lol. I work in construction and my hands are already cut off me so I know what your saying:(

The tacwise electric nailer is a bit under powered and leaves the head exposed so I use a Sip 2-in-1 nailer/stapler which is air-powered (I use a 3hp 50 ltr SWP Zephyr compressor)

Would really prefare an electric one TBH.

I use the lidl electric nailer.put a couple of thousand frames together with it and it's great for the job

I use a handraulic brad nailer as well as an Arrow T200(?) and a l*dl pneumatic. All work fine, particuarly in combination (for different sized nails).

However, I see your profile now says ''2 overwintered nucs''. If that is correct I doubt you are in any hurry for 100 new frames at this point in time.

So were your winter losses about 65%? Mine was zilch (so far), without even trying.

I use a handraulic brad nailer as well as an Arrow T200(?) and a l*dl pneumatic. All work fine, particuarly in combination (for different sized nails).

However, I see your profile now says ''2 overwintered nucs''. If that is correct I doubt you are in any hurry for 100 new frames at this point in time.

So were your winter losses about 65%? Mine was zilch (so far), without even trying.

I have 2 overwintered colonies, one over wintered nuc and me and a friend are getting another 2 colonies each next month. I want to be prepared with extra equipment if needed in spring/summer. We have 100 brood and 100 super each to make up, yes were not going to use them all but I want to get them made, store away and forget all about them until its time to use them. All in all, that's near 7 hives and if we get swarms or want to split hives, we'll definitely need these frames.

I haven't opened hives yet but I have bees flying from each brood box so its looking good that I've no losses.

, yes were not going to use them all [/QUOTE]

My money's on you using them all and having to make more in a panic to boot :)

, yes were not going to use them all

My money's on you using them all and having to make more in a panic to boot :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like fun :serenade:

Tacwise nailer (air powered) on special offer from Amazon tomorrow. You'll have to wait 'til then to see the price. I use a Tacwise electric and it's great. Drives nails in flush if held firmly.

I use Tacwise nailguns, they are excellent - bought when on offer from Amazon.
The DGN50V with 15mm brad nails from Toolstation for frame assembly.
The FCN57V with 2.5mm x 50mm galvanised coil nails for hive assembly.

Latest posts

Back