Nail Gun for Frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
4 Hives
I have a lot of frames to make up, currently I use a pin pusher and a pin hammer, does anyone use a small nail gun, if so can they recommend one.
Thanks Nick

Looks good, thanks, good reviews.

I have the same one. It's pretty good at the job but I have had to take two of these back within their years warranty because they stopped working!
It's quite nice to get a new gun every 10 months or so.:D:D:D

I have the same one. It's pretty good at the job but I have had to take two of these back within their years warranty because they stopped working!
It's quite nice to get a new gun every 10 months or so.:D:D:D

For this Titan can you get nails shorter than 25mm ? 25mm would probably protrude through the top bar when fitting the upper bar that holds the foundation, I don’t see nails on the Screwfix website.
Thanks Nick

I have used a Lidl small £10 one for 3 years.. and approx 4,000 nails..Electric, easy to use..

I'm really struggling to find an electric (non battery) nail gun here in Australia that can fire 30mm nails (which is the length I use)....in fact, I cant find a 240v above 15mm

Last edited:
I’ve used couple of these elec guns and the tacwise for about £80 is my choice if you are doing any sort of volume though all of them have have ended up miss firing/faulty I simply take back and swap they are not really designed for the volume of nails. So unless you are going to buy something for really serious money they are the best bet and I would not be without mine.

My lidl nailer packed in after a number of years and thousands of frames so I bought the titan.took a bit of use to get brads going where I wanted every time but once you get the hang of it its a good nailer.put 600 frames together without a single jam

Just for the record, although it's listed as a 25mm gun, that is for the staples. It actually takes up to 32mm nails.

15mm is a bit short for top bar imo

Latest posts

Back