Mite resistant queens wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Many quys have mite resistant hives. they do not treat their hives.

The value of such hives is high. The queens of such hives are valued 150-5000 pounds.

it would be nice to get such queens. it is worth to start rearing such queens and deliver them. of course with quarantee to eliminate humbug cases.

Last edited:
but, are they mite resistant, or is it the way the bees are kept, that makes them less mite infested?

surely mites on bees is no difference to fleas on a dog, some have them, some don't, it's normally down to how they are kept, and not necessary being covered in chemicals?

No need to bite on this thread. It is clearly just an 'anti-dishmop' thread. Probably while Finsky is on the pop? (Bit early for that?)

Going nowhere, fast!

No need to bite on this thread. It is clearly just an 'anti-dishmop' thread. Probably while Finsky is on the pop? (Bit early for that?)

Going nowhere, fast!
:iagree:

Been here many times before, I thought it was the long winters in Funland! Maybe looking to be banned again ?
S

Hey Fin

I'll sell you one of my mite resistant queens for £7500

I'll pop the Pro-forma invoice in the post, pre payment only !

Now it would make sense if at some time somebody had mentioned or insinuated that they had or knew of, mite resistant bees (or queens), but as nobody ever has, then the indication is that Finman is incapable of understanding simple facts/statements/question written in the English language and should therefore be dismissed as a waste of space.

His continous boring unproven statement that bees WILL die if not treated and the inability to answer when I ask him why people who have bees that havent been treated have not died, makes me wonder if the reason that there is no likelyhood of an answer is that he cant fnd one on the internet to copy and paste on any bee forum that is gracious enough to allow him access.

On the other hand there may be the slim chance that he is able to understand that perhaps bees dont die if not treated, and he would like to obtain queens of a better standard than the ones he has which appear to produce colonies that are constantly in need of regular blasts of chemicals in order to stay alive for more than one year.
One wonders why a person with so much knowledge of bee health and beekeeping has not written books to explain to the rest of the world that they are all doing it wrong, but I doubt he has much time left after tending to all his hives, and extracting/bottling and traveling from ones site to another. It must also be very time consumming feeding syrup to all those hives for 9 months every year.
Is the fact that his queens are laying 10 days after emerging perhaps anything to do with his statements that his bees have mites and will die. Weak bees,

Last edited:
Many quys have mite resistant hives. they do not treat their hives.

The value of such hives is high. The queens of such hives are valued 150-5000 pounds.

it would be nice to get such queens. it is worth to start rearing such queens and deliver them. of course with quarantee to eliminate humbug cases.

I wonder if you can be so good to direct us to where anybody has ever made that statement please.

Last edited:

Going nowhere, fast!

Perhaps he's been naughty and wont let him out today. No sharp objects or shoes.

I recently collected a swarm from a colony that have been living in a roof for over 25 years. I am going to keep a close eye on this one as they have never been treated or "looked after"

I guess survival of the fittest is a good analogy for these. We will see how they are fairing later in the year.

what is the value of queen strain, which kill mites but do not get yield?
offers....please... bottom price 100 pounds?

Last edited:
Depends on how much you want pay and if you want to buy in bulk.

I have contacts in Pakistan who will give a good price for repro ones.

Dishmop,

'Rising to the bait' is a game fishing term, I believe.

Seems like you took the bait, 'hook, line and sinker', probably a coarse fishing term. Congratulations, you deserve all the flak you get (not an angling term, but appropriate).

Leave the old ---- to soak himself in C2H5OH, is my advice.

Dishmop,

'Rising to the bait' is a game fishing term, I believe.

Seems like you took the bait, 'hook, line and sinker', probably a coarse fishing term. Congratulations, you deserve all the flak you get (not an angling term, but appropriate).

Leave the old ---- to soak himself in C2H5OH, is my advice.

Credit me with a bit more intelligence please. He cant make a fool of himself so he needs a helping hand.

He's making things up that have never been said. Queens that kill mites? Nothing remotely like that has ever been said anywhere.

His weak attempt at humour is because he is unable to explain his theory that bees die if not treated.

Last edited:
I picked up a swarm on Good Friday that came from a nest in a disused chimney. The nest had been there for over 8 years. I am hoping that the survival of the fittest will prove itself.
The swarm drew 10 frames for brood, all laid in, and then drew the foundation and half filled a super in under a fortnight.
I am keeping an eye out to see if they are miteless.
I believe in Dawinian theory. Old dinosaurs like F----n and D-----p should be allowed to battle it out before they both become extinct!!!

Back