• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mated Queen wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmybee

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
A FEW
Hi, I'v had to remove a colony from a School a few days ago as the kids are starting back, they found it in a class room last week. sadly as it has been there all summer its very strong. But after removal they have started making queen cells so i must of lost or killed the Queen in the move. I would like to save them if poss.

Any help would be great!!

James

That's quite a reaction! Have you checked thoroughly for the queen? Queen cells don't necessarily mean that you have no queen!

yeah im 100% there was a few bee left in the roof of the class room i couldn't get that the pest guy sparyed i think she was up there.

James,

Where are you? It would be helpful as it would be better to have a local-ish queen if you can. I can always post one 'though if you are desperate. Mine are £20 and are reared myself from my Buckfast background, but mongrel and open mated bees.

Let me know.

Meg

meg ive sent you a pm

Latest posts

Back