Maqs / Formic pro availability

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thornes not available til 2024. Beckys bees, Paynes, Beekeeping supplies, Wynne Jones all out of stock.
Anyone know why Formic acid is not available in these formats, or know of a source?

I googled bees maqs formic acid for sale uk
It’s come up with a list. Work your way through and see if there’s any availability.

I googled bees maqs formic acid for sale uk
It’s come up with a list. Work your way through and see if there’s any availability.
Done that Ian, exactly my Google, click on every Uk supplier and sold out, hence the question, wondering what the issue is and whether anyone has some insight where to obtain.

Done that Ian, exactly my Google, click on every Uk supplier and sold out, hence the question, wondering what the issue is and whether anyone has some insight where to obtain.
I spoke to one of the suppliers at the Spring Telford show who said there would be no MAQS available in the UK this year and that Formic Pro would be limited. It seemed to be down to some business decisions made by the suppliers (I can't recall exactly). As I normally use MAQS (and it has worked really well for me despite the naysayers) I too searched for a supply. The chap seems to be right - there is no MAQS availability at all. After a lot of searching I bought a 10 pack of Formic Pro 2 weeks ago from Andermatt Home & Garden, but checked just now and they have sold out. I don't think you will be able to get any this year and will have to use something else.

Back