Manuka Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just have pointed out to her the stupidity of eating somethin meant for topical application - something on the lines of:
'Germolene's good for septic woulds as well - do you spread that on your toast you dozy old bat?'​

Nothing to do with Manuka but a dozy old bat that a dentist friend of mine had as a patient complained that, since he had fitted her with dentures, she had foul breath and a dreadful taste in her mouth. On questioning it appeared that she had never took them out or cleaned them since he had fitted them several months before ... he recommended Steradent tablets and an antiseptic mouthwash. A week later she was back telling him that the original problem had gone away but that she now had dreadful mouth ulcers. He had a look and sure enough her mouth was red raw .. he asked her how many tablets she was using on her dentures .. 'Just one a night' she said ' I suck one in bed before I go to sleep'..... I believe he may have used the phrase ... Dozy old bat ...

Nothing to do with Manuka but a dozy old bat that a dentist friend of mine had as a patient complained that, since he had fitted her with dentures, she had foul breath and a dreadful taste in her mouth. On questioning it appeared that she had never took them out or cleaned them since he had fitted them several months before ... he recommended Steradent tablets and an antiseptic mouthwash. A week later she was back telling him that the original problem had gone away but that she now had dreadful mouth ulcers. He had a look and sure enough her mouth was red raw .. he asked her how many tablets she was using on her dentures .. 'Just one a night' she said ' I suck one in bed before I go to sleep'..... I believe he may have used the phrase ... Dozy old bat ...

:icon_204-2:
The people who write instructions must weep in their beer every night (or manuka if thus inclined) at the total disregard of their craft! Poor devils, the frustration! If all else fails, read the instructions. :(

A good friend of mine at work tells the story of when his father worked for a major toiletries company and was involved with the marketing of the first stick deodorant - they had to quickly recall the first batch they issued and change the labelling - something to do with the instructions:
Take off lid and push up bottom'​
:eek:

A good friend of mine at work tells the story of when his father worked for a major toiletries company and was involved with the marketing of the first stick deodorant - they had to quickly recall the first batch they issued and change the labelling - something to do with the instructions:

Lol!:smilielol5:

I don't believe you JBM
Only the French would take that literally!!!

Application, really bad septic leg infection that normal antibiotics weren't clearing up, used manuka honey as last resort to save her leg. She wasn't joking.
I was embarrassed.

No need for embarrassment, just point it out.
"Yes dear, it was a dressing. Eating it daily would not have saved your leg!!"
Then go on to explain that Henry V had a facial arrow wound treated with honey poultices ... and they were NOT manuka.

Today I had a lady come up to me and ask if I had any heather homey as she had heard it was better then that Manuka stuff.......Yes Madam, would you like cut comb or Bottled....One delighted customer.
We had a conversation about the stuff, she left saying she must tell all her friends how they were all being ripped off.
A small start in the fight back.

I don't believe you JBM
Only the French would take that literally!!!

No ... I'd believe it ... in a past life I worked for Faberge in sales, selling Brut 33 ... the first Brut 33 non aerosol deodorant we marketed was a roll on deodorant in a container that was the shape of a splash on lotion bottle - but - in order to use it you had to unscrew the bottom not the decorative silver cap on the top ... the instructions were on the back - 'Unscrew bottom to expose ball' ...

You would not believe how many we got back from customers complaining that they could not get the lid off ... not to mention a few other comments ...

For those babies amongst us who are not old enough to remember and those who are desperately trying to forget that they are ...

Attachments

• hennery Briut33.jpg
    hennery Briut33.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 8
must admit i hate manky honey too, but i am willing to sell any idiot a bottle of BirZealand manky honey at half price special deal just for you of £300 per drop plus postage and jar costs

as for silly instructions

i brought a 110volt power saw, and in the instructions was the notice " do not lick spinning blade" which has to mean someone in america DID!

Even in this country, I have seen people touch their tongue to a blade to test for sharpness (hand tools). If, at the same time they were resting on the 'on' switch.... instant dentistry.

I wonder if Manky honey would fix that?

Even in this country, I have seen people touch their tongue to a blade to test for sharpness (hand tools). If, at the same time they were resting on the 'on' switch.... instant dentistry.

I wonder if Manky honey would fix that?

He he ... I remember my woodwork teacher at school showing us how to check the sharpness (burr) of a chisel by running his thumb sideways across the blade then, as he was saying and demonstrating how NOT to do it by running his thumb lengthways along the blade the woodwork shop door opened and distracted him and the near miss demonstration became an inch long gash with blood everywhere ... we all thought it was hilarious - but actually it was a good lesson - it only takes a second of distraction or a lack of concentration (even with hand tools) to go from safe to injured.

I always check the sharpness of a chisel with the hairs on my arm, my tongue is used for something else.

Latest posts

Back