Maisemores end of season sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that £18.18 for a super (or my eyesight/typo)? Think they sold them for 15.15 in the sale earlier this year. T's are 15 but obviously need to collect.
Need 70 of them but prices are getting a bit crazy

Get what you can while you can. Prices will just keep going up as the bigs counterfiet more fiat and debase the value even more.

That's relative to your situation
They're seconds for a reason
It could be just a knot in the middle of a panel.As long as it's not loose who cares.
But if it's on one of the joints you will need some remedial work.
I had some from them last year that were perfect.Until the bees propolised the frames to the qxs.The overall height was 8mm short .
I had some Bbs from them too and the mortices had been cut by a drunken Chihuahua
I had the ability and tools to fix issues so it was still a bargain and it saves the wood from disposal.

Is the quality questionable?
I think we all have our own experiences with 2nds... and I can't speak for anyone else of course. We've had 7 of them this year and they've all been pretty decent 2nds, better quality than the 2nds We've had from Thornes this year (the finish on the Thornes 2nds looked like shredded cheese and were clearly also built by the same family of chihuahuas)

Is the quality questionable?
That's relative to your situation
They're seconds for a reason
It could be just a knot in the middle of a panel.As long as it's not loose who cares.
But if it's on one of the joints you will need some remedial work.
I had some from them last year that were perfect.Until the bees propolised the frames to the qxs.The overall height was 8mm short .
I had some Bbs from them too and the mortices had been cut by a drunken Chihuahua
I've always bought mine from Maisies, I have hundreds of them, not had one yet that was of 'questionable' quality, only once or twice had a loose dead knot I had to glue back, and once I had a tenon on a side rail that wasn't perfect although the flaw was just superficial and it's still being used 'as is'

I've always bought mine from Maisies, I have hundreds of them, not had one yet that was of 'questionable' quality, only once or twice had a loose dead knot I had to glue back, and once I had a tenon on a side rail that wasn't perfect although the flaw was just superficial and it's still being used 'as is'
Likewise. A mix of maisie and big t with no real issues considering the price. I shall report back when they arrive (in 3 months time 😁)

The maismores I've had have been a bit splintery but otherwise spot on.
It the BE stuff that has been a bit more second but nothing unfixable
The only reason I'm not buying more is that I need to downsize a bit

We put in an order two weeks ago, only to receive a call next day to say all seconds had increased by 20%.
I do like the Maisemore box's with the integral frame runners.
Like Jenkins, we hundreds of their box's and not had cause for complaint.

Bee Equipment have 24 hour offers on this week and today's is National cedar supers for £14 (2nds I'm assuming, but I usually buy 2nds anyway!)
yes 14£ but after add to basket its 28£ "magic"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-104932_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-104932_Firefox.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220925-105313_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-105313_Firefox.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 0
Back