Maisemore Commercial poly brood box flat

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dano41

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Has anyone bought these are they any good?Are they a modified jumbo box or a proper commercial molding and are they compatible with wooden floors and roofs.

Why not ask the manufacturers? They had quite a display at Harper Adams, the boxes seemed fine but the roofs were extraordinarily thin. Mixing poly and wood, except in a crisis makes little sense to me, but of course it is personal choice whether one wishes to do so or not. Typical wooden hive roofs would not fit these poly boxes.

I have the maisemore poly hive and I'm well pleased with it. I bought 14 x12 national and it is compatible with wood - apart from the roof. The poly brood box on a wooden floor requires precision when placing and if moving the hive it is very easy for the brood box to slip and allow bees to escape. Obviously the poly has a bigger dimension on the outside to the wooden hive but the interiors match. I plan to keep the poly and wood separate but sometimes one had to mix it up when running out of kit.
The one thing I really like on this hive is the moulding makes a good hand hold - unlike my paynes poly hive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back