Lost phone?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy_bull

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just thought I'd share what happened today, during my rounds checking the sheep I lost my phone, I didn't realise till it was dark and raining, (luckily the phone has a good cover). I tried in vain to retrace my steps with a torch but considering it was lost along a 1.5mile drive and 3 separate grass fields I had no luck.

I'd given up and came home to email work to say I'd lost the phone. 'Have you tried the 'find my phone app' said our IT guy, (apparently pre-loaded on windows phone) anyway I tried it and it gave me a 10mtr radius in the middle of a field with lots of long grass. So off I go having memorised where the patch was, sure enough in the long grass a couple of feet from where the quad had run was my wet and still alive phone!

What a result, isn't technology great, so guys if you have a smart phone check if it has a 'find my phone' app it could save you a fortune!

I believe IPhones have it as standard but some other phones need to download it.

C B

I phones have it but you have to turn it on for it to work

go to

settings
icloud

scroll to bottom
then enable find my iphone

Does a Samsung android have the capability if so hows it done?

You can download Android apps from the Play store which will do the same job. There's one called Find My Phone and I think there's one called WheresMyDroid or something.

Is this the one that my wife uses to track my activity :paparazzi:

Clearly the technology is ouf there (trackers). With these without all the keypad paraphernalia and all the other add-ons there is the possibility of miniaturising the package so that:

a) checking your hive is in position, or
b) locating it if it is not,

is a simple possibility, if not cheap.

RAB

Back